CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 02-13-2009, 07:31 PM   #231
Jeff S Johnson

Profile:
Re: Shoes-Running-CrossFit

I've been coveting the Mizuno's too Gary.

I just bought two pair H-streets and some Saloh's about a month ago, so slipping new ones past the wife ain't happenin' any time soon.

Also like how the new K-streets look. Appear slightly more substantial (in the right places) than the H's.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:11 PM   #232
Gary Ohm

Profile:

I would love to hear some feedback on them if anyone gets a pair. I'll just have to increase my sprint interval workouts so that I wear out my running shoes faster. After all my wife wouldn't want me injured right from wearing worn out shoes right????
Old 02-19-2009, 08:32 PM   #233
Dan Ensing

Profile:

Well, just ordered a pair of Saucony XC2's from zappos.com based on the recommendations on this thread. I have a pair of Nike Free 5.0's but ripped the heal on the rower. I was going to order the 3.0's but no one had them in my size. Cool thing is shipping is free and I saved $40.00 over the Free's. Thanks guys/gals.

Dan
Old 03-02-2009, 07:59 AM   #234
Eric Montgomery

Profile:

If anyone's tried both the K-Streets and the Salohs I'd like to hear your opinion on which one is better. Obviously the consensus is that the H-Street is the way to go but I haven't been able to find them in my size since they're discontinued.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:58 AM   #235
Shane Yost

Profile:

Bump to this thread.
I have 2 pairs of VFF, sadly I can't wear them at work since much like everyone else, I'm Military. Although I did try
So I'm going to go out today and look at a pair of Free's. I currently have Asics Kayano's but they tend to destroy my shins since I'm more of a barefoot runner.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:06 PM   #236
Will Nuse

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff S Johnson View Post
I've been coveting the Mizuno's too Gary.

Also like how the new K-streets look. Appear slightly more substantial (in the right places) than the H's.
I bought a pair of the Mizuno's before I came back out to the desert. While I haven't done as much running as I thought I would this time around, there are a few things I didn't realize about the shoe when I bought it.

The sole is mostly blown rubber (no idea what their technical name for it is), with the more typical sole material you'd find on regular running shoes forming a subtle cleat-like texture beginning on the outer edge of the heel through the midfoot, then covering the ball of the foot to the toe. The best description I can come up with for the mini-cleats is a kind of "knurling," like individual grains of sand in sandpaper, except these tiny pads have some dimension to them, and the material immediately adjacent to them is the same blown rubber, which isn't all that tough. The shoe itself is incredibly light. I have extremely long, very narrow feet, and these are too wide for me. I've got them laced nearly as tight as you can get and they work, but there's a big fold of fabric that's developed over the toes. Not a big deal, but I like my shoes to fit in all dimensions.

Running in them has been pretty amazing, though. While running continues to be one of my many kryptonites, it doesn't feel as though my shoes are letting me down at all. I'll also throw out there that I wear my orthotics with them, and other than a bad blister or two I got right at the beginning (feet were soft all over again), haven't had any operational problems with them.

Would love to hear some feedback on the K-Streets since they look pretty sweet.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:43 PM   #237
Eric Montgomery

Profile:
Re: Shoes-Running-Crossfit

I got a pair of K-Streets a few weeks ago since my Salohs were wearing thin on the soles and they had a habit of rubbing up nasty blisters on my little toes if I ran more than a mile or so in them. I love the K-Streets so far. They feel lighter and more breathable than the Salohs and are just as flat and stable, so they're a good shoe for mixed modality WODs where you have to run then deadlift then do box jumps then cleans or anything silly like that. The nubs on the outsole are good for offroad running (the hill at the Ranch, for instance) but are still fine for running on pavement.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:16 PM   #238
Judd Shea

Profile:
Re: Shoes-Running-Crossfit

I like my Kilkenny's and my Brooks Mach 10's. Both are minimalist shoes and spikeless cross country flats, run in them every run and CF in them on days that the WOD calls for a run.