CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 12-21-2005, 04:48 PM   #1
Eric Thomas

Profile:  
I have been lurking and slowly getting my fitness level up to a point where I feel that I can give the WOD an honest effort. In many of the photo's my old friend the Bacher ladder is found. 20 years ago when 28 pull ups were a regular part of my work out the Bacher Ladder led to serious elbow pain and inflamation. It is a great tool but it was easy to go to far. So my question is are there any exercises that appear regularly that one should watch out for? Thanks eric
Old 12-22-2005, 07:19 AM   #2
Mike Yukish

Profile:
I guess any exercise could be overdone, though I continue to marvel at the workload I do now and yet I no negative effects on the connective tissue. Maybe the occasional case of DOMS.

Watch the lower back. The Oly lifts and deadlifts, when not done with correct form, have brought more than one crossfitter to grief. Even bodyweight squats need precise form.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:05 AM   #3
Andy Shirley

Profile:
GHD situps. i'm reminded of the "cantaloupe" visual from one of the journals when someone went gung-ho on a set of 50 GHD situps(ful ROM) having never done them before.

One word: hydrocele
or two words: scrotal edema.

After looking at the literature, someone probably could have gotten published with that case study.