CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 05-06-2010, 10:22 AM   #1
Anthony Ronchi

Profile:
Fish Oil, Timing, Blocks etc..

So I have searched and scoured and really hate the search function here. So I am going to start fish oil supplementing. I have a question though. I used the whole9 calculator with a factor of .5 that being said my daily dose is 9.75gs roughly 8caps or teaspoons. Here is my questions:

Do these count toward my blocks? I zone 22p,13c,50f and its working do these count toward my fats or no?
Ive also seen it doesnt really matter when to dose as long as your not metabolizing for energy, so who has the most success? Should I spread them throughout the day split between breakfast and dinner or just bang them all down at once?

Thanks any help will be appreciated. Oh and reccomendations on brand besides costco we dont have one in upstate ny sorry.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:29 AM   #2
Brian Bedell

Profile:
Re: Fish Oil, Timing, Blocks etc..

I count them in my calorie/fat count. I'm not sure why you would not. But some people don't. This is really up to you.

It is also my understanding that for some reason you can in fact take it all at once. That sounds absurd to me, so I don't do that, I break it up morning and night.

But there really are tons of threads on this. Even see below the "Similar threads."