CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:38 PM   #1
Patrick Donnelly

Profile:
(Sort of) Simple Single-Member LLC Formation and Accounting Documents

I put together the following .zip archive of files that I'm using for my newly formed Maryland-based personal training LLC. I figure why not share it, since it could potentially help out some people, and wasn't much extra effort on my side. Some of the files are Maryland-specific, though not all of them are, and you still may find some use in those. You could use these for multi-member LLC's too, but that could get a bit trickier with logging all of the expenses and also with distributing income. I'm not sure how employment works with LLC's; it would require further research on my part, and research that isn't necessary for me just yet, since home-based occupations in Prince George's County MD can only have occupants as workers anyway.

Here's what's in it:
1. .txt Read Me (Read it!)
2. .xls file for tracking the depreciation of capital assets
3. .xls file for tracking incomes, expenses, and general statistics
4. .xls file for tracking business driving miles
5. .doc file to use as a simple receipt for client purchases
6. .doc waiver
7. .doc PAR-Q questionnaire, with additional questions
8. .doc operating agreement example
9. .doc meeting minutes template
10. .pdf several files for starting a Maryland personal training LLC,

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=0...db6fb9a8902bda (WFS)

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to place them here, especially if those comments regard things I should possibly add or edit. If the file link is broken, please email me at patrickhdonnelly@hotmail.com and I'll repost the link. (Don't just say something in this thread, because I can't guarantee I'll see it if it's six months down the line from now.)

Anyway, I think the files are pretty simple and easily managed, but I made them, and spent a long time making them how I wanted them, so I would think that.

Take care,
Patrick Donnelly

Last edited by Patrick Donnelly : 01-13-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:17 AM   #2
Patrick Donnelly

Profile:
Re: (Sort of) Simple Single-Member LLC Formation and Accounting Documents

To make this clear:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disclaimer
I am neither a lawyer nor an accountant. Any such advice that I give, through any media (forum posts, emails, phone calls, blog posts, online documents, etc.), is completely non-professional in nature and cannot be relied upon.

If you seek professional aid in forming a limited liability company or accounting, then please contact a professional within your state.
I request that you please attach the above disclaimer whenever sharing the above set of documents. I made sure to mention this in the foreword of the Read Me, but it can never hurt to emphasize these things. I'm just a college student, and not even a law or accounting major, so value my advice at what you paid for it. Everything contained in the above set of documents can be learned fairly easily through independent research (That's how I did it!), though I strongly recommend that you perform your own research, since I might have things wrong, and laws vary from state to state, and if you have any questions, contact a professional. They're professionals for a reason.

Last edited by Patrick Donnelly : 01-14-2009 at 08:19 AM.