CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 01-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #71
Richard Macaulay

Profile:
Re: "The WOD Shop"

Hey guys

I sent Lee something along the lines of this question. For those that use the wod shop on a regular basis, do you think it can be used to reach certain goals/work on weaknesses (using it is as your main source of workouts)?

From a personal point of view i train using predominantly bodyweight workouts (due to an abundance of rugby injuries. That and i have found great results using bodyweight workouts). I am also hoping to focus more training attention onto the C2 rower. I had thought about just alternating back and forth between bodyweight and C2 wods and wanted your thoughts on this (of course a wod from another section could be selected if i fancied a change)??

Thanks

Richard
Old 01-05-2013, 06:33 PM   #72
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

In its current state, WODShop is just a database full of workouts. As such, its ability to help you meet your goals currently depends upon your ability to find and select workouts that align with those goals. If there are no workouts that align with your goals, or if you fail to find and do them, then WODShop won't necessarily be any more help than any other site that posts workouts.

- Mark
Old 01-06-2013, 05:06 AM   #73
Richard Macaulay

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark E. Wallace View Post
In its current state, WODShop is just a database full of workouts. As such, its ability to help you meet your goals currently depends upon your ability to find and select workouts that align with those goals. If there are no workouts that align with your goals, or if you fail to find and do them, then WODShop won't necessarily be any more help than any other site that posts workouts.

- Mark
Thanks for the reply mark. Good points. I should have stated some goals. As someone who is looking go maintain and improve conditioning, avoid injury and potentially compete in the Scottish indoor rowing champs next year (while hoping to maybe add another 10lbs to my frame) i was thinking that going back and forth between C2 wods and bodyweight ones might help this.

i would only select C2 wods (initially) that were interval, calorie or time based OR were a set distance no longer than 2K.
the bodyweight wods would be no more than 100-150 reps of a movement over the entire workout (depending on what it was).

Richard
Old 01-06-2013, 10:22 AM   #74
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Macaulay View Post
Thanks for the reply mark. Good points. I should have stated some goals. As someone who is looking go maintain and improve conditioning, avoid injury and potentially compete in the Scottish indoor rowing champs next year (while hoping to maybe add another 10lbs to my frame) i was thinking that going back and forth between C2 wods and bodyweight ones might help this.

i would only select C2 wods (initially) that were interval, calorie or time based OR were a set distance no longer than 2K.
the bodyweight wods would be no more than 100-150 reps of a movement over the entire workout (depending on what it was).

Richard
I think my answer still stands as-is. WODShop probably does have workouts that would support you in this, but it can't do anything to do determine for you which workouts those are or when you should do them. That would amount to programming strategy, which WODShop clearly doesn't try to do. It feels to me like you're really looking for a coach.

- Mark
Old 04-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #75
Lee S Stewart

Profile:

Hey Guys,

Just a quick note about an app on itunes, it's called "Random WOD".

We found that the developer of this app basically plagiarized The WOD Shop (wfs) and bundled it into a paid app. This individual made no attempt to hide that fact, simply listing the same workout categories, same order, same language, and verbatim copying of WODs, some of which were quite unique and written in my words. I'm surprised I didn't see it sooner.

I'll be the first to tell you that I don't own any of this stuff, we've simply concentrated alot of WODs into one convenient location. The site belongs to the CF community -- everyone reading this post and everyone who has contributed WODs over the last (nearly) 4 years. The site is FREE and always will be.

The individual in question, who post on this forum, has taken the app down off itunes and has restricted the functionality of the app to CFHQ's benchmark WODs only. I assume he is sanitizing the content before relaunching.

Anyway, to those of you who use the app and are wondering what happened....sorry, it was me.