CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 08-23-2010, 03:24 PM   #1
Lauren Gardner

Profile:
Talking Lauren's Log

Hey guys! I'm new to the whole cross fit world but my husband is going to try it and so I thought I would too! Yesterday was my first actual "day" so I did the 400 meter walking lunges. Actually I did about 1/2 of that haha. but my legs are killing me and I can tell if I stick to this i'll get some great results! As it is, today is Monday so that = REST. which i am very happy to do!
Old 08-24-2010, 05:47 PM   #2
Lauren Gardner

Profile:
Cool Re: Lauren's Log

Ok so day two of crossfit and I have to say so far i'm liking it! My glutes, quads, and ham's are still killing me from sunday. Is it TMI to say I can't even sit on the toilet without wincing? so I decided for my own benefit i'd give that particular area one more day of rest. so I cut out the squats today and did everything else. can't do pull ups on my own yet so I had to cheat but i think with the way my rear end feels i should be slimming down and getting stronger every day!

Jumps 50 x5
Sit Ups 30x5
Push Ups (on knees) 20x5
Pull Ups (using bench) 10x5

Total Time: 32:05
Old 09-10-2010, 05:35 AM   #3
Lauren Gardner

Profile:

It's been a few days since i've post anything, however I HAVE been keeping up my workouts! I've also started to train for a 1/2 K in Nov for breast cancer research so i'll be posting that here as well. Because I've never been a "natural athlete" or a "runner", picking up running cold turkey has been hell on my muscles, especially my calves. Right now it hurts even to walk. But my husband says it's perfectly normal and give it a few weeks. We go to get "proper" running shoes for me this wk-end so hopefully that helps.

Yesterday was my time doing FRAN. WOW! 45lb instead of 65, jumping pull ups ( still can't do one regularly yet) and my husband forgot to set the time-but i'm gonna guess it was somewhere around 15min.
+ 1mile run.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
Lauren Gardner

Profile:
Talking Re: Lauren's Log

Ok so i've done some major thinking and reading this past week. I've studied the "caveman" diet, the "zone" diet and read as much as I could on all of it- here on the message boards and on the web. I come from a "clean" eating background. It's what I was taught when I first began to work out with my husband and it's what i'm most comfortable with. Because of this, and as someone who still feels like an amatuer when it comes to fitness in general- i don't think I want to stray very far from my base. So i've decided to stick with eating "clean" meals and incorporating some of the things i've learned from both the zone and the paleo diets. This means i'll be cutting out most of my carbs (i.e. grains, pasta's, starches) and incorporating more healthy fats (egg yolks in the morning instead of just whites, nuts excluding peanuts and cashews of course). But i REFUSE to give up my Faje yogurt, especially since I just discovered how much I loved it. And I enjoy eating beans every now and then and find them a yummy mix to some steamed veggies. So i'll be stealing them from the zone diet too. I like the idea of the paleo concept of eating when hungry- but I'm used to eating every 2 1/2 to 3hrs, so i'll be adjusting it to 4 "meals" a day with a snack in-between. I'll also try to go more organic with my choices in vegetables and meats.

This being said, my goal for the week is as follows.

1) Work on my form- i understand that if i want to do more weight I need to improve on form.

2) Do EVERY W.O.D., even if it takes me an hour to complete it. I'll feel better in the end.

3) Run at least 3x's this week in addition to the running incorporated in the work outs to train for the 1/2 marathon.

My current stats are 5 4" 155lbs. I'm not going to weigh myself every day or even every week. I'm simply going to do the workouts, eat like i've said I would, and in 1mth i'll post what if any changes there are and how I feel about the diet and workouts so far. I'll adjust from there.

I feel pretty good going into Monday now that I have this plan set up. Wish me luck!
Old 09-12-2010, 07:28 PM   #5
Lauren Gardner

Profile:
Smile Re: Lauren's Log

oh calf pain why do you torment me??

did like i said and ran tonight. only made it a 1/4 of a mile before it felt like my calves "seized" up on me and i literally could barely walk. praying that i get over this "beginner" endurance stuff so i can get down to some real running! oh well. looking forward to "heavy" fran tomorrow. my husband and I decided that i'll be doing half the weight he does and work my way up from there. in the mean time.....

GO REDSKINS!!!! Whoohoo! So glad it's SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL again! :-)
Old 09-13-2010, 07:36 PM   #6
Lauren Gardner

Profile:
Unhappy Re: Lauren's Log

"Heavy" Fran today.

40lb was the max I could do on the thruster.

Still working on the kipping pull up, and pull ups period :-) but i think i'm getting the motion down. Need to watch the teaching video again and see if i'm pushing through like i should be. All in all 12mins doing all the reps.

Trying not to feel bad about doing so low a weight. I really wanted to do more. I expected to do more. It's just hard to explain..I "feel" the weight my hubby sets for me and I don't feel strong enough to lift it but maybe one time. It gets frustrating having to re-rack the weight and drop it down.

Don't have rings to do tomorrows work out, but Zac says not to worry about it. Not sure what he's got planned LOL, but i'm sure it will be interesting!!
Old 09-15-2010, 06:03 AM   #7
Lauren Gardner

Profile:
Re: Lauren's Log

K so like i said yesterday's W.O.D. was impossible because we just do not have the equipment yet to do it. So i did 5rounds of PU/SU/Pull-UP's 15/10/5. Push ups were all the way to the floor though with hands coming off to come back up. Pretty good i'd say! I think i should have run yesterday but, oh well.

Just found out that there is a cross fit gym near us here so i think we're going to check it out! Yaaa!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:49 AM   #8
Lauren Gardner

Profile:

Oooh calves, you are the devil. Great work out yesterday. No weighted balls so instead of the wall part did 20lb bar and push press. Felt great up till the 4th round when calves started cramping up on the run.:-(

I can definitly tell i'm getting stronger and generally more "fit". Before the box jumps even at 1ft scared the crap out of me. Had some sort of mental block and could never get it right.. Yesterday I breezed through them though or least was able to do it right and not feel like i was going to trip! So i'm pretty happy about that. Husband says my legs are really looking a lot leaner too, which of course is ALWAYS worth celebrating. Rest today!! I should probably run, but calves are still achey this morning.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:03 AM   #9
Lauren Gardner

Profile:
Re: Lauren's Log

By the way if anyone has any suggestions on how to deal with calf pain while training and running i'd appreciate the advice.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:54 PM   #10
Lauren Gardner

Profile:
Thumbs up Re: Lauren's Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Gardner View Post
"Heavy" Fran today.

40lb was the max I could do on the thruster.

Trying not to feel bad about doing so low a weight. I really wanted to do more. I expected to do more. It's just hard to explain..I "feel" the weight my hubby sets for me and I don't feel strong enough to lift it but maybe one time. It gets frustrating having to re-rack the weight and drop it down.

all i got to say is 60lbs never felt so good

no rings, again, so i did deadlifts instead. and my husband thinks my form is H.O.T.

y yes, yes i am feeling sexy. i'm feeling like i'm accomplishing what i set out to do. now, i've just got to conquer this running thing. i'm intimidated and i don't know why. it's not just the pain in my calves, it's a mental thing too but i just don't know what it is.

tomorrow i will run. tomorrow i will push myself. tonight i will celebrate.