CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 11-02-2010, 05:24 PM   #11
Jon West

Profile:
Re: crossfit journey to being fit

4 Rounds for time of:

200m run

20 Pistol squats

15 Med Ball Sit-up Throws

*For med ball throws, get into a sit up position about 6-8 feet from the wall. Start with your back flat on the ground and the ball overhead. Sit up while flinging med ball against the wall, catch and repeat. Courtesy of CrossFitfootball.com

---Finished in 14mins something. I always leave the garage murdered forgetting what seconds I got lol!

---instead of the 400m for part of my warmup, i arrived to the box early and ran two miles in 14:36. Pretty stoked about that time, since last time I ran two miles...4 full weeks ago...it was longer than 20mins. It's amazing how just doing crossfit has gotten me to this point in just 4 weeks without any long distance running. I only run 400m at the longest at one time during wods that require running. My lungs, heart and legs felt great after the two miles!

---went to a doctor visit and wanted some blood tested, but wasnt able too since i would have had to fast before the test and i didn't know that. Blood pressure, everything looked great he said. Powerful heart and lungs. Really wish i knew about having to fast before the blood test though. I had to re-schedule that. I told him I was doing crossfit and paleo and he had no idea what i was talking about lol.

---pretty great wod today. on my last round my buddy and i were neck and neck and we were sluggishly walking from the ball situps to the 200m and the coach yelled at us "Get running you two F***S!! ". Was the funniest thing ever. Reminded me of wrestling practice! Love it! We were the first two to finish and he laughed at us when we finished.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:59 AM   #12
Jon West

Profile:
Jon's Log

11-03-2010 = off

Today all I did was a light run for 22mins somthin at 2.7 miles. Felt great. Just gettin some recovering in before my APFT tomorrow.

Was forced to get a flu shot today at lunch time. We'll see how or if that effects my test tomorrow.

Cheers
Old 11-06-2010, 06:54 PM   #13
Jon West

Profile:

11-04-2010

Army APFT results

pushups - 61
situps - 77
two mile run - 14:50

--I'm just happy I passed. In 5 months from now, I know I'm going to kill the APFT for sure. One thing that was pretty funny was four of us took the PT test. I drove and a friend drove. I parked at the start point and my buddy parked at the end of the two miles. And my buddy left his keys in my locked car and didn't realize that until about half way through, so I had to run back after I was done to get his keys out of the car LOL. Pretty funny stuff
Old 11-06-2010, 06:57 PM   #14
Jon West

Profile:

Today I did a 65# Fran

Was my first time ever doing the Fran lol. Took me 6:56 to finish. Next week I'm just going to work on the thrusters and add a little bit more weight. I still have 3 calluses healing and it was killin me with the pullups. I have came a long way in the past 5 weeks with my pullups. I was able to do the first 21 pullups unbroken.

And I almost died doing this...no big deal
Old 11-08-2010, 08:37 PM   #15
Jon West

Profile:

3x5 Front Squat

135#

WoD for time:
15 knees to elbows
200m run
30 walking lunges @ 45#

23:30 dun

Lunges were a killer! knees to elbows not so much, nor the run. I'm glad I at least Rx'd the wod
Old 11-09-2010, 04:09 PM   #16
Jon West

Profile:

24 Rounds 5 pullups 2 ring dips

24mins somethin
Old 11-10-2010, 07:41 PM   #17
Jon West

Profile:

Strength

5X3 Push Press @ 115lbs