CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 10-24-2010, 12:31 AM   #1
Justin Dodson

Profile:
J's Log

I am 1 week into crossfitting at my home/garage gym. My little gym consists of a pull-up bar and a 25 pound plate. Well I have been doing the bodyweight WOD’s from a large list. Coming out really sore after each workout, but feeling better the next day.

I started with a half Angie on my first day. I got a time of 17 minutes. I hope that is not too bad. First time doing that many pull-ups ever in a workout. I was extremely tired after this workout that is for sure.

My second WOD was Cindy. I completed 9 full rounds in the 20 minute period. This was the very next day after my half Angie. I was pretty winded after the 4th round, but pushed myself when I found out I still had 11 minutes to go.

The next day I was pretty tired, but in a way ready for another WOD. So I thought I would try a WOD that has running in it. I tried to do a partitioned Murphy, not caring at all about my time since I am still less than a week in, just wanting to finish it. Only problem with Murphy was where I decided to use the pull-up bar is about 1.5 miles away. So I jogged there, then started the 1 mile which I found out is 1.5 miles, miscalculation, and I tried partitioning it to help me not fatigue. I was going to do 20 rounds of 5-10-15. Well I died out at round 6 on squats at 25 minutes. My legs were like jello. I had to walk home because every time I started to jog I was wobbling.

10-22-10 I was really sore and tired so I just practiced some OHS with my 25 pound plate. I ended up getting about 50 OHS in. Then I switched it up and did 35 pull-ups of different types. L, chin-up, wide-grip and tried kipping (failed miserably).

10-23-10 I decided to make my own WOD with some burpees in it. I did 4 rounds for time of 25 squats, 15 burpees, and 10 each leg lunges. I wanted something that I thought I could do, but have to push myself. I wasn’t sure how tired I was going to be after doing squats, burpees and lunges right after each other. I have not done a burpee in like 3-4 years. Well my time for 4 rounds was 17:38. Burpees were a lot harder than I remember.

Now that I have given myself a small foundation I will keep going. Hopefully once I get a gym membership or some weights I will start doing other WOD’s not just the bodyweight ones.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:08 AM   #2
Justin Dodson

Profile:
Re: J's Log

Well this past week I didn't get too many workouts in. I did a lot of overtime at work. I did however try Cindy again. I did that wednesday and I passed up my old score of 9 and hit 11. I am amazed at how in 2 weeks I have made just that much progress already. I like it. I am going to stick more to it now and try to make even the smallest workouts on the days I am doing overtime.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:49 PM   #3
Justin Dodson

Profile:
Re: J's Log

Today I decided to make up my own little WOD that would hit me hard and push myself. I decided to do 5 rounds for time of 5 strict pullups, 20 squats, 5 hspu, and 20 sdhp of 45lb (that is all the weight I have). I finished the 5 rounds in 15:46. I felt winded, but then after 2 minutes I felt like I was partially refreshed. I think so far that the little work I have been doing and trying to perfect some lifts without weight from SS is really helping me. I already feel like I did when all I did was lift and run all the time. Now I am starting up soccer again and will keep at some body weight WOD's. Hopefully I can make some equipment and do some of the mainsite WOD's.