CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-29-2014, 09:03 PM   #1
Mark Cheney

Profile:
JumpNRope R1 vs R1.X vs R2

Anyone have experience with all three of these ropes? I'm ready to ditch my licorice rope, with which I can get up to 70 DU's unbroken, but some cable ropes seem to have no feel.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:26 AM   #2
Joey Dussel

Profile:
Re: JumpNRope R1 vs R1.X vs R2

I went from about 60 double unders unbroken to 190 in about 6 weeks using the R3 rope. It's heavier and you really have to keep good technique to be successful. It builds strength in the shoulder to.

Now, the R2 is my favorite rope. I like the feel of that rope and it's the one that one of the company owners used when she did 1400 double unders unbroken (yeah, fourteen hundred...it's not a typo).

Finally, the R1 is super fast and light and is a great rope. The uncoated cable is even faster but won't be as durable (only an issue if you jump outside on pavement, etc.). I use the R2 for warm ups or WODs were jump rope isn't the focus, but the R1 on WODs like Annie. It seriously makes a difference.

-Joey

*Full disclosure: I have a huge crush on JumpNRope ropes and I qualified for their 100 Club so I get ropes sent to me.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:42 AM   #3
Jon Campbell

Profile:

I have the R1 with 4.75" handles, blue cable, love it.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:05 PM   #4
Mark Cheney

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Dussel View Post
I went from about 60 double unders unbroken to 190 in about 6 weeks using the R3 rope. It's heavier and you really have to keep good technique to be successful. It builds strength in the shoulder to.

Now, the R2 is my favorite rope. I like the feel of that rope and it's the one that one of the company owners used when she did 1400 double unders unbroken (yeah, fourteen hundred...it's not a typo).

Finally, the R1 is super fast and light and is a great rope. The uncoated cable is even faster but won't be as durable (only an issue if you jump outside on pavement, etc.). I use the R2 for warm ups or WODs were jump rope isn't the focus, but the R1 on WODs like Annie. It seriously makes a difference.

-Joey

*Full disclosure: I have a huge crush on JumpNRope ropes and I qualified for their 100 Club so I get ropes sent to me.
Nice post, thanks. I guess I'm trying to decide between R2 and R1.x, since I do some work outside. Any insights on R1.X?
Old 02-03-2014, 02:55 PM   #5
Jason Ippolito

Profile:

I have the R2 and love it. To me it feels better than any of the ropes I have tried and that list includes all the popular ones. You won't be disappointed.

Shoot them an email if you still can't decide. They are very helpful in getting you dialed in.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:17 PM   #6
Chris Richardson

Profile:

I have the Blue Steel R1. Its a good rope and i really like it!
Old 02-04-2014, 08:39 AM   #7
Sarah Jenkins

Profile:

what are the thinks i have to be aware about buying a jumping rope? Material? length?
Old 02-04-2014, 01:14 PM   #8
Joey Dussel

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Jenkins View Post
what are the thinks i have to be aware about buying a jumping rope? Material? length?
Read these three part blog posts. http://jumpnrope.com/the-just-right-jump-rope-1/ (WFS)
Old 02-05-2014, 06:03 AM   #9
Sarah Jenkins

Profile:

awesome, thx