CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 03-24-2008, 01:16 PM   #31
Karen Worrall

Profile:
Re: London Crossfitters

Here's a copy of a post I put in the Certification fitness thread which I think has got a bit lost. Hope it helps and just ask if you want to know anything else. I'm a member at Crossfit Manchester and my hubby and I are both going to the cert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Worrall View Post
Thanks Col, All links below are w/fs

Transport

Trains go from Manchester Piccadilly to Stockport on a very regular basis - usually less than 10 minutes wait and journey time of about 15 minutes. From there it's a 5 minute walk to Stockport Bus Station. You can get the 330 bus which runs every 10 minutes and takes 10 minutes and stops opposite to Pear Mill Estate where the gym is. Current timetable... http://www.stagecoachbus.com/timetab...006revised.pdf

This website lets you put in postcodes or places to plan your journey on local transport and has a map facility...

http://nw.aimwebsites.co.uk/JourneyP...Reset_str=true

Trains from Manchester Piccadilly to Bredbury Station run every half hour or so on Saturdays and the journey takes 15 to 20 minutes. It's then 1.3 miles down hill to the gym - nice on the way there, bit of a slog on the way back.

Useful postcodes for Google Maps -
Crossfit Manchester SK6 2BP
Bredbury Station SK6 2AA

If anyone stays at the Alma Lodge, Acton Court Hotel, Henry's B&B or Stockport South Premier Inn then there'll be 2 spaces in our car each day as those hotels are very close to where my husband and I live and we're both going to the cert. Otherwise I think you'd need your own car. Let me know on a first come, first seated basis I'd offer our spare room but I'm due to give birth 2 weeks before the cert so I think our house will be a bit chaotic.

Hotels

All prices from hotels own websites - you might get cheaper phoning them/using a discount site.

http://www.bredburyhallhotel.com/
Singles 64.50 Double 84.50
This hotel is a short walk from the gym (about 5/10 minutes) On weekends the nightclub is very popular and a favourite with hen/stag dos. Something to bear in mind if you want a good night's sleep. Its location couldn't be more convenient though.

http://premierinn.com
Stockport East (2.8 miles from gym)
55 Fri-Sun

Also another Premier Inn at Stockport South

http://www.actoncourthotel.co.uk/
Singles 36.95 Double/twin 60 b&b

http://www.almalodgehotel.com/
Single 67 (mon-thu) 45 (fri-sun)
Double 84 (mon-thu) 80 (fri-sat)

http://www.henryshotel.com/
22.50 per person per night (goes to 20 per night if staying 2 nights) Breakfast 5

I'll ask around at the gym and see if anyone else has any ideas.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:35 AM   #32
Richard Paul Ham-Williams

Profile:

Hi guys,

Sorry its been so long since I had any part in this thread.

How are you all doing with your training and finding a place to train?
Old 05-30-2008, 11:55 AM   #33
Leo Guarrasi

Profile:

Hi Chet I'm gonna be sharing my time between nottingham and Egham (Staines area) each week and would like to find a training partner. I usually train in a gym in egham but.....
Is there any other crossfitters out there local to me? I have only just started taking the program seriously. I'm a fireman in nottingham and work a 3on 3off shift pattern. Sticking to the 3 on 1 off Crossfit can be difficult but I try my best.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:37 PM   #34
Bob Pigott

Profile:

Hi Leo - I train at David Lloyd Gym, West Bridgford, Nottingham most mornings around 7am. I am only 2 weeks into Crossfit (I have only just begun to nail the official warm up (with assisted chins)) and also the only one that appears to be following this type of training at the gym, however I am left alone to get on with it.

As you would expect from David Lloyds there is a great deal of kit, free weights, squat racks etc, however it is pricey.

Bob
Old 07-20-2008, 11:41 AM   #35
Leo Guarrasi

Profile:

Hi Bob,
I used to train at Roko gym and live in Ruddington. I now just train at work but was thinking of joining the new JJB gym in Netherfield. Looked round it and it looks cool.
Hows your training going now? I've slacked a little and been mixing crossfit in with a body building type workouts but defo want to go back to hitting crossfit full on.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:46 AM   #36
Chet Morjaria

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Guarrasi View Post
Hi Chet I'm gonna be sharing my time between nottingham and Egham (Staines area) each week and would like to find a training partner. I usually train in a gym in egham but.....
Is there any other crossfitters out there local to me? I have only just started taking the program seriously. I'm a fireman in nottingham and work a 3on 3off shift pattern. Sticking to the 3 on 1 off Crossfit can be difficult but I try my best.
Hi Leo...

I'm in Walton On Thames...currently doing the WOD on a daily basis.

Let me know if you want to come through and train

Also - I have added a map to my forum blog where you can all post up your general location. That way you be able to see at a glance how close you are to other folk to can train with

Its here:

http://funckey.blogspot.com/2008/08/...mbers-map.html

Hope you find it of use.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:31 AM   #37
Bryan Blake

Profile:

Hi All,
Jumpin' in late on the board here as I just discovered this thread. I'm currently in Naples, Italy, and will be moving up to London in March. Still not sure what specific area or anything, but I would love to link up with some CFers. I have checked out and been in touch with CF London, but like most folks I'm looking for some more consistent training time.

I'll also be shopping around for rugby clubs, so if there are any CF ruggers in the area I'd welcome any suggestions.

Thanks much, and I look forward to linking up!

Bryan
bryan.blake.ctr@eu.navy.mil
Old 09-09-2008, 05:23 PM   #38
Chet Morjaria

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Blake View Post
I have checked out and been in touch with CF London, but like most folks I'm looking for some more consistent training time.
Hi Bryan,

Not sure if Andrew mentioned at the time but there are 4 of us led by Andrew, looking to put together regular London sessions in a central location, as a collaborative effort.

Watch this space...
Old 06-10-2009, 03:02 PM   #39
Steven McCulloch

Profile:

Hi! I am moving to East London shortly to teach. I was Andrew Stemlers Crossfit London website and am getting some what confused!!! Is there a crossfit gym in East London where I can work out at any time of the day or is it specific times. If so can you post or e-mail me the link. Cheers
Old 06-12-2009, 10:19 AM   #40
Keir Williams

Profile:

Hi Steven,

You would be more than welcome to come down and train at our affiliate, we run classes and also have a pay as you go scheme so you could pop in and do your own thing, we are situated at the end of the central line(Epping) which is not that far from East London. Please visit www.crossfitessex.co.uk for more details.

Cheers Keir