CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 02-17-2006, 07:39 AM   #1
Connie Waddell

Profile:  
Greetings from another newbie.I'm a 48 year old working mom who spends her days at a computer- Started dabbling with the WOD in November, have seen good progress (biceps! amazing for the original Olive Oyl)At our local gym I test out at "elite" even though can't do a pull up and might as well walk the mile. Amazing how low the expectations for women are. Be that as it may, even for a total buttercup this is a terrificly efficent workout. I will get a pull up this year! Con.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:04 AM   #2
Peter Queen

Profile:
Hello Connie and welcome to CF. You have definitely joined a family of very dedicated, informative and helpful individuals. I have learned a lot in the short history I have here.
I am 45 and like you am in the computer engineering field as a software application tester and a software documentations writer for the applications. I am also a VFF when I am not trying to read code and documents as well as a dad. I know that with time and dedication you will be doing a lot more than just one pull up long before the year is over. Keep reading up on the WODs, and check out the Exercise section on the main page as well as in the index section for postings to continue in getting some good information. I am sure that others will also chime in to give help. Remember, any question you have will result in a stream of good responses. We are all here to learn from and to help each other. Good luck.
Old 02-17-2006, 05:34 PM   #3
Stephen Solano

Profile:
Connie,

Sounds like you have two jobs, mom and computer person. Stay with Crossfit and you'll get your pull up. Welcome.

*beware this stuff is addicting*
Old 02-17-2006, 10:38 PM   #4
Beth Moscov

Profile:
Connie,

One of my clients turned 50 a few months ago. She has been doing CrossFit since last June. She is impressive as heck.

There are a lot of folks who are moms doing this stuff. I am even going to be a grandma in the middle of May (I am only 44 though)

Welcome to the club.