CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 12-01-2006, 05:49 AM   #11
Brian Reckdenwald

Profile:
I would say about 85% of my fat intake comes from nuts from TJ's. I tried an olive oil elixer better known a shot of straight oil and I nearly vomited.

Not to jack your thread Steve but while we are on embarassing topics, I have virtually non-solid stool for about two months and I'm wondering if I am not digesting all of the fat I take in each day (3x on ~20 blocks).
Old 12-01-2006, 07:09 AM   #12
Mike ODonnell

Profile:
I'm not sure about why almonds and hemroids are related, perhaps if it was salted, non-organic, smoked almonds...then that can interfere with digestion process, but raw organic almonds...I would imagine are fine. What are your primary fats in your diet? I know since upping Olive Oil, my elimination process is much more efficient and quick. (No need to not talk about "poop" since it will pretty much tell what is going on inside of you)

Brian, in some what related I would suggest getting the Paul Chek book "Eat, Move and Be Healthy". I am a huge Chek fan, have heard him speak in person...and understand like 5% of whatever he talks about...but he is very driven focused on body health and performance. He says that constipation (which can lead to hemroids) is usually caused by dehydration (remember when you up protein, you NEED to up water intake as well), and that diahreha is usually the body's attempt at flushing out toxins...so maybe your food sources are not as "clean" as you thought. May be time to re-evaluate your eating selections.

I've heard that going on probiotics for the first time too may lead to diareha to start...because of all the bad bacteria being starved and flushed out...could that be part of the reason too? Have you switched brands or started taking it more consistently?
Old 12-01-2006, 07:24 AM   #13
Ragnar Speicher

Profile:
among other things, roids can be the result of chronic inflammation (e.g. vasculitis). lyprinol is supposed to be a very powerful and natural anti-inflammatory (i read 200 times stronger than fish-oil). i have yet to try it.

are you eating a lot of cayenne/chillies? that could also trigger it... (it did in my case, and stopped after cutting down on cayenne)

"dirty sanchez" (aka riot roids)

5 rounds for time of

5 toilet squats
5 push and press
5 towel wipe-ups

post time and consistency to comment.
:biggrinthumb::carton:

Old 12-01-2006, 08:07 AM   #14
Brian Reckdenwald

Profile:
Mike,

So you don't think too much fat has anything to do with it?

I have been taking the same brand of probiotics for a month and a half, but I think it's been going on for longer than that. I am forced to eat at my school's dining hall about twice a week, and let me tell you that food is not of the highest quality.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:51 AM   #15
Matthew McCarty

Profile:
I say don't eat almonds if they cause you hemroids. Some people they do that to -- if you are one of them then don't eat them.

I do eat them cause I don't have that problem.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:52 AM   #16
Mike ODonnell

Profile:
Depends on where you are getting your fats from. Fat in animals is where all the toxins get stored....so low quality meats high in fat=more toxins in the system. Try lean meats only like chicken with no skin (or grass fed meat if possible) and then get your healthy fats from other sources. Cut out dairy too if you haven't already.

Obviously your body is trying to do some internal cleaning....but you don't want to keep adding in more things to clean out, otherwise it could go on forever. Track what you are doing and how your body responds to it...you will find out the foods that may be giving you issues. Take certain foods out one at a time and see if it helps...if you take too many out you will not be able to narrow it down unless you reintroduce them one at a time.

Bottom line...only you can judge what foods are putting you in a better state of health...or worsening it, so keep track.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:31 AM   #17
Brian Reckdenwald

Profile:
Thanks Mike. The meat offered at the dining hall could definitely be classified as low quality. I will cut them out.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:41 PM   #18
Mike ODonnell

Profile:
Sloppy Joe...Slop-sloppy Joe....sorry got the Adam Sandler song stuck in my head now.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:52 PM   #19
Tony Ferous

Profile:
DeVany does eat nuts..i remember a post about his calorie intake where he mentioned it. Unless he's changed his mind recently.

I recently started eating alot of almonds, every day, soaked overnight and noticed a big increase in...well, volume!
Old 12-01-2006, 06:23 PM   #20
Chris Forbis

Profile:
Tony-

I went back and looked, and you're right, De Vany does eat nuts. He has commented on the high toxins found in nuts... not sure if that is a problem here or not. With the high incidence of nut allergies I would think doing an elimination diet would be a good starting point.