CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 08-11-2009, 09:32 PM   #1
Michael R. Miller

Profile:
My CFSB experiment

I would like to try a CFSB, yes I know who hasnt. Mine is going to be a little different I will give you the guidelines and let you know how it works out for me. For the METCON the 1st week I am going to use the main site WODS not add weight or anything just do them as RX'd if I can that is. The second week I will use the CrossFit Football WODS again doing my best for as RX'd. Then the third week I will pick a random affiliate WOD and then I will start over with week 4 with the main site WOD and so on and so forth.

Current stats
5' 10"
181 lbs
Paleo

CFT(see the weakness)
190 lb shoulder press
275 lb Back squat
350 lb DL
Old 08-13-2009, 12:39 AM   #2
Michael R. Miller

Profile:
Re: My CFSB experiment

August 12, 2009
Ok so some snags in my CFSB programming that I forgot to mention. My experience with CrossFit is intermittent at best, I do the WODs as much as possible maybe 3 a week the rest of the time I do my best to make it to the gym for some kind of METCON. My form is good on all the heavy lifts because I have past experience with them so for anyone suggesting to me not to do this save your breath. So on days when a WOD comes up that I have never done I will be doing it. For instance I have never done Linda so naturally I did it today as RX'd weight used for the workout is as follows.

270lb Deadlift
185lb Bench Press (I should have done 205 I did all the sets straight with no break for bench)
135lb Clean
about 35 minutes

Ok so the snag I mentioned is I have this horrible sore muscle that affects my front squats and back squat. You want to hear the really strange stuff it only hurts during those two movements well and L sit type stuff. Deadlifts, tire flips, GHD, nothing else really hurts. No its not imaginary it blows I want to hit this head on but when it comes to injuries this is my philosphy on how to train injured. If it hurts DONT DO IT find out what doesnt hurt and work around it so for now back squat and front squat is out. In place of back squat will be bench press. In place of front squat will be the rower and box jumps those are two weaknesses might as well work them now.

Last edited by Michael R. Miller; 08-13-2009 at 12:41 AM.. Reason: Add my time
Old 08-13-2009, 09:34 PM   #3
Michael R. Miller

Profile:

Alrighty death by pull up 13 minutes plus 8 pull ups. My PR was 15 that 11lbs I gained makes a different.

CFSB work Shoulder Press
5x3

185 only 2 reps so I guess 180 is my new 3 rep max.

Worked on OHS 95# its mainly form, the weights not bad I just need to learn to control myself. Also practice box squats jeez those things are a pain. Lets see thats pretty much it.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:51 PM   #4
Michael R. Miller

Profile:

Man my body is beat down holy crow. So I did a METCON workout no strength today because I think my recovery is suckin today. So your might be wondering uh so why the hell do a METCON simply because I listen to what my body tells me weight felt EXTREMELY heavy today so instead it was a bodyweight METCON from the main site.

3 rounds
500m row
21 Burpees
400m run
21 minutes

Someone F'ed up my time because they reset my stop watch so the time is a guess. I looked at the timer at the end of the 2nd round and noticed it took me about 7 minutes so I just multiplied it.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:42 PM   #5
Michael R. Miller

Profile:

Woops I missed a few days of postin sorry, I needed rest and I'm slackin on my pimpin so. Here are the workouts I did

I cant currently back squat so I did the strength work from the CrossFit mainpage which was push press

175-185-195-200-215-225-230

And the strength METCON was from CrossFit football

10 AMRAP
Bodyweight rows
True pushups

I didnt count my rounds, I have a bad habit of not timing myself sorry I will do better.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:46 PM   #6
Michael R. Miller

Profile:

No strength work I didnt have the time before school so the strength WOD was from CrossFit Football

21-15-9 I do not have a 40lb ball for the slams so I used a 2 pood KB, close to the same range of motion.

KB swings
Push jerk
Back ext

Once again didnt catch my time I would have to say around 10-15 minutes or so though, because I had to get to school and I know I started before 0715-and I was done by 0730 because thats when I had to leave.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:32 PM   #7
Michael R. Miller

Profile:

Ok it was supposed to be DL strength day. So instead I did the CrossFit football WOD that is 5 rounds 315# DL and 10 burpees. I figured I have never done a 5 rep 5x5 so I figured I would kill 2 birds with one stone.

5 rounds
295# DL
10 Burpees once again didnt time but I really need to start doing it, sorry folks.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:58 PM   #8
Michael R. Miller

Profile:

Ok so today was the 20 minute or less METCON. I suck at Angie so I figured start the timer and see how far I can get in 20 minutes. I only did 67 pull ups because I ripped my hand and since I am not training for anything in particular I didnt see the reason to push the ripped hand. Anyways I finished in under 20 but since I didnt do all the pull ups its clearly not as RX'd but its nice to know that less then 20 minute Angie is not unreasonable for me.

Oh yeah post Angie I dont know why but I had a hankerin for muscle ups dont ask me why so I did MU's but I did them death by MU style so every minute on the minute. I made it to 5 minutes plus 3 MU's.

OHS work 95#
Old 08-24-2009, 10:06 PM   #9
Michael R. Miller

Profile:

Ahhhhhh this sucks I did some front squats to test the strain in hip or whatever. Yeah still hurts WHAT THE HELL!!!!!! Its been like 3 weeks of ice rest and foam roll. Oh well I will give it one more week after that I am squatting and damn the consequence. So today I did the crossfit football WOD

8 rounds
5 power snatches 95#
200m Row

Both of these are a huge weakness of mine time was 16:47 which is awful but oh well.

No strength due to injury tomorrow is shoulder press.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:37 PM   #10
Michael R. Miller

Profile:

Ok so I lied I did squats anyways. Now here is the funny part I put 205# on the bar to do a few warm up sets for squats and just see how it feels. Well its been really messing with my little brain that I cant seem to get past the 195# overhead press. So I un-racked 205# and boom nailed it not once but TWICE, the reason for the 2nd one was because I needed a witness to prove I did it. Ha ha yay so my new Overhead press PR is 205#!!!!!!!! Anywho

BS 3x3 did only 3 because my leg started to hurt

No strength WOD today either did the main site WOD
7 rds

I know those numbers are low but I'm trying to recover and progress which I dont think is possible but we shall see.

Last edited by Michael R. Miller; 08-25-2009 at 07:42 PM..