CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 06-14-2004, 08:49 PM   #1
Roger Kim

Profile:  
First off, I have been using crossfit for the last month and I have to say that it is the best workout plan that I have ever tried!

My question is how can I make my pecs symmetrical? I have tried a lot of other techniques, but its been unsuccessful so far. PLEASE HELP.
Thanks
Old 06-15-2004, 04:51 PM   #2
Graham Hayes

Profile:
Hi Roger, unfortunately this is not the best source of information for appearance development. Our focus here is more performance based. I would suggest looking up bodybuilding if it is a real concern to you, but I reckon with elavated levels of fitness from Crossfit you'll soon forget about unsymmetrical pecs!
Old 06-15-2004, 05:53 PM   #3
Roy Taylor

Profile:
I am a perfect example of Graham's last sentence there. I was into bodybuilding, until I had to have a second wrist surgery. After four months in a cast and taekwondo training, my right pec was literally one have the size of the left!! Horriffic sight. To this day, my entire body is back in proportion(arms, back, etc.) except my right pec is STILL only a little more than half the size of the left! A bodybuilder would absolutely freak out. But after elevating my fitness levels with crossfit, I could give a damn less. Equal strength on both sides. For an athlete, thats what counts.

Another example to look at is Brad Pitt. Particularly in the new movie Troy. Same problem with his chest. Do the ladies still love the guy??? For a bodybuilder(and MOST male athletes) THATS what counts!

Cheers

Roy