CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 06-25-2006, 04:00 PM   #11
Neal Winkler

Profile:
Didn't see your answer when I posted, thanks Greg!

That makes sense, and like I said, I don't see any scheduled tourney's in my neck of the woods anytime soon anyway!
Old 06-25-2006, 04:11 PM   #12
Guest2

Profile:

yeah - that circuit on fridays of the hypertrophy cycle can be a little metabolic stimulus--you could try adding some leg work, but go easy on it. also on rest days, you can work wrestling, but just be careful not to get into epic sessions. you really need to be reserving your energy for growth. bottom line is that everyone is capable of different amounts of work - personally, I have to cut way back to put on any weight. But you may be able to get away with more. So start conservatively and experiment - just monitor your response and progress or you'll end up getting frustrated when you're not making progress in any area because there's too much conflict.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:13 PM   #13
Andrew G. Greenberg

Profile:
neal, i'm kind of in the same boat as you; 150lbs and would like to add strength and weight. are you going to do the mass program in the performance menu?

i'm thinking about it, but i'm hesitant because I've worked so hard for what little metabolic condiitoning i've been able to gain.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:18 PM   #14
Neal Winkler

Profile:
Thanks Greg, hopefully this will work for me.

Andrew, I think I'm going to start the mass gain program tomorrow. By the way, I have a bb in TKD too. Too bad I didn't see the light of BJJ+wrestling+muay thai sooner though. :crazy:
Old 06-25-2006, 06:35 PM   #15
Andrew G. Greenberg

Profile:
neal, keep me updated on how it goes! yes, i have abandoned the martial arts for a sport in which any contact is illegal. good times.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:36 PM   #16
Chris Forbis

Profile:
I've just started a program with a slight twist on all of this.

4400 calories, 17/22/60 c/p/f. I'm sticking with the WOD schedule, but replacing every middle day with ME lifting (OHS or thrusters) and going 1/2 volume WOD on the other two. I'm trying to keep some metcon so I can play basketball over the summer.

If after four weeks I haven't gained anything, I'm going to jump to 5200 calories a day. If after four weeks of THAT I haven't gained anything, I'll probably scrap the exercise portion and replace it with the one Greg outlined in the PM. Summer will be over by that time anyway, so no more basketball and the lesser volume of the program will be conducive to work starting back up again.

I plan on posting status reports every four weeks. Good luck to you all. :-)