CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 08-01-2006, 04:40 PM   #21
Ron Murphy

Profile:

Hey mike,
Thankyou very much, I was wasting to much time looking for it on my own, also the link had lots of other good reading.
As soon as I read that link I instantly knew who the doctor was. If he thinks starches are so great why was he afraid to have the person take the test.I will have to admit that this doctor worships the potato and does center his plan around starches,no nuts and seeds or just about none. I also have read that he doesn't allow any talk of dr fuhrman's [the doctor I like] plant based on his vegsource talk board. In my opinion a diet centered on cook starches is poor.

By the way, from my reading info on the study that started this whole thread, The mystery doc recipe book was used as the meal plan for the study.

I have seen this doctor speak, from his appearance he looks healthy and athletic. I heard him give a talk in san fransico a while back.
He said he was having a one on one debate with barry sears. sears spoke first, when the "mystery doc's" time to speak came up there was a problem with the sound system, time was ticking by, finally in frustration the mystery doc said to barry why don't we both just take off our shirts. the audience was all for it , barry got embarassed and declined the offer. At the time barry had admitted he was overweight, and mentioned this in a previous debate he had with our mystery doc.

(Message edited by ron on August 01, 2006)
Old 08-03-2006, 09:29 AM   #22
Robert Wolf

Profile:
Ron-
Im slammed and cant take the time to answer this thouroughly...If I do not get to it by monday please remind me.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:04 PM   #23
Brad Hirakawa

Profile:
Vegan diet is certainly better than Twinkies, Pepsi Cola, candy bars and Cigarettes.

However, a vegan diet is simply not in our genes.

Let me look at one of my GeneChips (peeks in drawer at laboratory).. nope, no vegan genes there. :-)

Brad
Old 08-04-2006, 09:06 AM   #24
Ron Murphy

Profile:

bard looks like you got the final Word!, after all you are a scientist as your profile states, I won't want to agrue with you.
As a cartoon stated;
I used to be a vegan for health reasons, then it was to save the animals, now only reason I am a vegan is to irritate people on this board!
Until next time, keeping on enjoying your high fat, meat and animal product centered diet ,I will keep eating my plant based diet. Time will tell!!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2006, 10:50 AM   #25
William Hunter

Profile:
Honestly, I can only enjoy my high fat, meat and animal product if I have a large mug of strong coffee standing by to wash it down.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:30 AM   #26
Ron Murphy

Profile:

Thankyou for those words of wisdom Dr Hunter DC. If you are married or have loved ones that care about you, I would advise them to UP the coverage on your life issurance policy as soon as possible!
Old 08-04-2006, 11:57 AM   #27
William Hunter

Profile:
Holy espresso Batman, they know my secret identity!

Okay mister spooky stalker man, should I infer from your warning about my life insurance policy that you're going to hunt me down and kill me?

Oh wait, you were talking about the meat and coffee, weren't you? I've heard that mega doses of fat and caffeine help you recognize sarcasm.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:50 PM   #28
Ron Murphy

Profile:

yes Dr hunter, I was infering to your large pots of coffee and your high fat animal product diet only.
Actually I wish you a long, healthy and happy life, and that also goes for everybody on this board. :banana:
Old 08-04-2006, 02:45 PM   #29
Yael Grauer

Profile:
I was vegan for almost a year until my hair started falling out.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:42 AM   #30
Brad Hirakawa

Profile:
I did not mean to argue, sorry if it came off that way.

Vegans and vegetarians, more power to em. We are lucky in "developed" countries to even have the choice.

Many places, you eat whatever you can find, and are thanking God if you are lucky enough to get a piece of meat for your hungry children.

Brad