CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:16 AM   #1
Joel E Cox

Profile:
Reliable, Affordable and Secure Online Payment Methods?

Hi Folks,

Any advice for what you are using to accept credit card and online payments? I have just assumed this responsibility for our facility and the former had set us up on Authorize.Net ...I am wondering if anyone uses anything better and more affordable?

Thanks
Old 11-13-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
Brian Strump

Profile:
Re: Reliable, Affordable and Secure Online Payment Methods?

If you are using software, I would find out which merchant is best integrated with your software.

Also ask your bank. Some have good rates. You can also purchase a card swiper for less than $100.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:46 PM   #3
Brian Holub

Profile:

I'm not allowed to advertise anything here so I hope this isn't seen as disrespectful to that rule, but I'm genuinely just offering an alternative... I work on software for CF gyms and we do billing through Amazon. You get everything you need, it's absolutely reliable, affordable, and safe since Amazon handles everything and they process millions of transactions a day.

Again I don't want to step over the line and link anything, but if you'd like to send me a private message I hope that's ok with the board moderators.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:27 AM   #4
Joey Dussel

Profile:

What about that "Square" thing that runs off an iphone/ipad? Thoughts on using that?
Old 12-02-2012, 11:20 AM   #5
Brian Holub

Profile:

People seem to really like Square because it's so easy to use (I've never used it). But you can't do automatic recurring billing with it, so it's really better for retail and other one-time services.