CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 03-08-2011, 11:28 AM   #91
Tamara Cohen

Profile:
Re: One year of eating "clean" and lifting kind of heavy with pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Fleeman View Post
Tamara,

I know this is an older post date, but is the picture at the bottom recent? You look a lot different from the other pictures you posted, is this from cutting out metcons and doing strictly lifting? Great job on how much strength you've gained from lifting!

I'm a Crossfitter but have been wanting to get stronger as far as lifts go. It's hard to let go of the 'cardio'.
This album has the most recent pics:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&l=25a91fb4a0 (possibly NWFS due to comments).

The last photos from this album are from a few weeks ago on a day that I happened to weigh 158 lbs. I am supposedly a 69 kg lifter, but I did NOT make weight at my meet two weeks ago, haha. I weighed in at 70.1 kg. My plan is to be 69 kg for Masters Nationals on April 1, but I will say that my coach is in favor of me moving to 75 kg.

As for metcons and cardio, I haven't done any conditioning since last summer, which is fine by me for now.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:33 PM   #92
Lauren Fleeman

Profile:

Thanks for sharing the photos! Are you on a strict lifting program? Strict meaning for example, you do snatches on a certain day and squats on another day etc.? Just curious.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:58 PM   #93
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Fleeman View Post
Thanks for sharing the photos! Are you on a strict lifting program? Strict meaning for example, you do snatches on a certain day and squats on another day etc.? Just curious.
For the past few months, my coach had me training using programming designed around Glenn's beginner template, which was 3 days a week. Each day was snatch, clean and jerk, and squats with various positional work on the Oly lifts. For a while I was 2x a week back squat and 1x a week front squat, and then that changed to 2x a week front squat and 1x a week back squat. I was also benching and deadlifting on a fourth day.

That was all supposed to change to 5x a week Oly, keeping 2x a week front squat (with slightly different programming than I had been doing) and 1x a week back squat. Then my neck went to crap, so now I am just going with whatever my PT tells me to do from now until Masters Nationals on April 1.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:53 PM   #94
Hector Santiago

Profile:
Thumbs up Re: One year of eating "clean" and lifting kind of heavy with pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara Cohen View Post
This album has the most recent pics:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&l=25a91fb4a0 (possibly NWFS due to comments).

The last photos from this album are from a few weeks ago on a day that I happened to weigh 158 lbs. I am supposedly a 69 kg lifter, but I did NOT make weight at my meet two weeks ago, haha. I weighed in at 70.1 kg. My plan is to be 69 kg for Masters Nationals on April 1, but I will say that my coach is in favor of me moving to 75 kg.

As for metcons and cardio, I haven't done any conditioning since last summer, which is fine by me for now.