CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 05-16-2009, 09:29 AM   #1
Ned Ferguson

Profile:
Sean Sherk's "Caveman" workout

This is a pretty interesting video of Sean Sherk's training. (WFS) Very CrossFittish. I like the "Donkey Kong" sledges.

Last edited by Ned Ferguson : 05-16-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:16 PM   #2
Matthew Apostol

Profile:
Re: Sean Sherk's "Caveman" workout

The man is a beast! The gas mask training was interesting, I wonder if it works.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:25 PM   #3
Departed

Profile:  

I saw an article on the Caveman stuff in M&F awhile back (it wasn't mine, I was flipping through it at my brother's house, I swear ). the Caveman guys seem to have a pretty decent program, but the head guy basically said that CFers were pussies compared to his guys. he said he had some CF trainers in and they didn't fair so well, blah,blah, blah. He also said the saying at his gym is, "If it was easy, we'd call it CrossFit." Not sure if it's just a friendly rivalry, but I was really turned off by the attitude in the article.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:09 PM   #4
Keith Mease

Profile:

that is bad a$$, love those kind of workouts..
Old 05-20-2009, 03:53 AM   #5
Doug Blankenship

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Gedicks View Post
I saw an article on the Caveman stuff in M&F awhile back (it wasn't mine, I was flipping through it at my brother's house, I swear ). the Caveman guys seem to have a pretty decent program, but the head guy basically said that CFers were pussies compared to his guys. he said he had some CF trainers in and they didn't fair so well, blah,blah, blah. He also said the saying at his gym is, "If it was easy, we'd call it CrossFit." Not sure if it's just a friendly rivalry, but I was really turned off by the attitude in the article.
I love guys that spout this crap off. He knows damn well it isn't true but says it anyway to feel better about his program.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:19 AM   #6
Frank Dennis

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Gedicks View Post
"If it was easy, we'd call it CrossFit."
Well, his program looks effective, but if it's so superior that we're all p***ies, why haven't his athletes been winning the CrossFit games every year? 'Cause if I wanted to prove my contention that my fitness programming were vastly superior, I can't think of anything better than participating in the top-level competition of the group whose programming I'm comparing myself to...

Maybe that just didn't occur to him. Or...
Old 05-20-2009, 07:19 AM   #7
Ned Ferguson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Blankenship View Post
I love guys that spout this crap off. He knows damn well it isn't true but says it anyway to feel better about his program.
Probably makes them feel better about copying and repackaging CrossFit methodology.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:54 AM   #8
Michael DeLuca

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Ferguson View Post
Probably makes them feel better about copying and repackaging CrossFit methodology.
The "my program is better than your program" BS has been going on for years. There was an article in PMenu where Greg Everett wrote about this and how it does nothing for the industry.

Let's see a few of his trainers compete against some of our top guys in a few easy hero WODs.

It's a very intense, productive program. I don't see the need to knock CF when trying to put your program on a pedestal.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:48 AM   #9
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

Yeah Shawn Sherk is a beast alright........except he took steroids.....
Old 05-20-2009, 10:05 AM   #10
Michael DeLuca

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R O'Dell View Post
Yeah Shawn Sherk is a beast alright........except he took steroids.....
After all the evidence was handed out, I don't believe that he did take steroids in preparation for the Franca fight.

The commission **** the bed on this one.

He's passed polygraph tests and the machine used to test his urine, after examination, had 3 tests test positive before his was processed and the machine was not cleaned prior.