CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Health and Medical Issues
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health and Medical Issues For other than injuries

Old 01-24-2008, 01:47 PM   #1
Leon Mitchell

Profile:
Pregnancy and Crossfit

I've done a bit of research looking through the journals and through the message board posts but haven't found what I've been looking for. I know that Annie spoke on the subject in question a little bit from her perspective. She spoke about being a trainer and some things that she could and couldn't do at certain times throughout her pregnancy, but was looking for something a little more substantive and authoritative on the subject.

My wife Nicole has been building up her skills and doing Crossfit off and on for about nine months and was looking forward to possibly getting certified and advancing throughout my pending deployment in February. We just found out that we were expecting and we were looking for information on some pregnancy substitutions as well as advice for intensities and advancing her Crossfit fitness. Seeing as how most of the medical field that we have been exposed to has little if any experience with the Crossfit fitness modalities there has been little help in that approach. Anyone with practical experience or resources to lend to our information quest would be much appreciated.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:00 PM   #2
Susie Rosenberg

Profile:
Re: Pregnancy and Crossfit

Congratulations!

Try this: http://www.board.crossfit.com/showth...ight=pregnancy (wfs)

SUsie
Old 01-24-2008, 09:39 PM   #3
Sarena Kopciel

Profile:
Re: Pregnancy and Crossfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Mitchell View Post
I've done a bit of research looking through the journals and through the message board posts but haven't found what I've been looking for. I know that Annie spoke on the subject in question a little bit from her perspective. She spoke about being a trainer and some things that she could and couldn't do at certain times throughout her pregnancy, but was looking for something a little more substantive and authoritative on the subject.

My wife Nicole has been building up her skills and doing Crossfit off and on for about nine months and was looking forward to possibly getting certified and advancing throughout my pending deployment in February. We just found out that we were expecting and we were looking for information on some pregnancy substitutions as well as advice for intensities and advancing her Crossfit fitness. Seeing as how most of the medical field that we have been exposed to has little if any experience with the Crossfit fitness modalities there has been little help in that approach. Anyone with practical experience or resources to lend to our information quest would be much appreciated.

Dont have it with me now, but there was an article in 2007 in the performance Menu Journal about training while pregnant. Perhaps post a thread there or do a search for which issue and but the article.
additionally there was a link for Crossfit SanDiego about a woman who was pregnant and training!