CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 08-29-2012, 08:08 AM   #2381
Erin Davidson

Profile:
Re: The Erin Experiment

WEDNESDAY. (otherwise known as two-a-day day)

STAFF ROW! Rowing with Record, Abbey, Ave, Rach, and Meg.

The mainpage WOD from about a week ago? Row, 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off. I averaged 32 SPM (pretty good for the distance and for my perceived intention of taking it steady), 2:05 for a pace (excellent for me seeing as how my last series of 5ks (3 5ks in 4 days) was done at a 2:25 average 500m pace... I covered 3853m. I suppose the next goal would be to kick up over 4k. But I hope we don't do this one again for a while Trunk stability and endurance was an issue - but I'm glad that I felt tired but not spent by the end of things.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #2382
Brandi Chittum

Profile:

That's sweet that I make you chuckle... Um... Funny haha or funny... that girl needs a reality check?

Old 08-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #2383
Erin Davidson

Profile:

Funny QUIRKY. Like when I laugh at/with/around Record.

WEDNESDAY. 2nd WOD.

STRENGTH/WEAKNESS WOD. EMOM 10 minutes.

I picked a 115lb. men's bar Clean and Push Jerk (only cause it's been a while since I've done that kind of ground-to-overhead.

Alternated with a muscle-up. Really just experimenting but had a few pleasant surprises.

a) I did 10 EMOM - this was good and not what I expected. I expected to fail.
b) I jumped up to the rings on probably 5 sets and gradually reduced my false grip. I was able to make all but the 7th rep - which is really good for me! I did have to switch back the false grip on the last few though.
c) I felt my elbows do very fast things when I start with false grip and then switched, this might be a good strategy for later - to wake up the movement.
d) I weigh 136lbs. (so no heavier and no lighter) and this is still totally doable for me.

The next challenge will be to do this again a few times, and then try to work on doubles.

After this:

5 Rounds for time of: 5 KB Snatches (1 pood) left arm, same on the right arm, 300ft. suicide (in 30ft. blocks and with a touch required. = 100m), 25 Overhead Squats (45lbs.)

1848 - but I'm pretty sure I did a whole extra round. Oops. Things I should be capable of: going through the OHS straight thru. There shouldn't be a need for resting here.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #2384
Chrissey Barba

Profile:

funny you said that about the extra round - i was thinking the same thing. usually i have to mark that kind of thing down somewhere because i ALWAYS lose track. regardless, 125 overhead squats is a lot of overhead squats, no matter how light they are.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #2385
Emily Storey Record

Profile:

"Funny QUIRKY. Like when I laugh at/with/around Record. "

with erin. with.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:19 PM   #2386
Erin Davidson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissey Barba View Post
funny you said that about the extra round - i was thinking the same thing. usually i have to mark that kind of thing down somewhere because i ALWAYS lose track. regardless, 125 overhead squats is a lot of overhead squats, no matter how light they are.
In FULL agreement with that last bit there - CFCC quads need that endurance - ONWARD AND UPWARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Storey Record View Post
"Funny QUIRKY. Like when I laugh at/with/around Record. "

with erin. with.
Well that's nice. Although today I get the feeling Lux was the one just laughing at us.

FRIDAY. 8/31/12

Anderson Front Squats with Record. Up to 69kg for a double. I suppose we'll start working on singles next time. Hopefully I'll be able to get up to 75kg... that feels about where things might get weird. The pins were in 14 I think? When we raised them up one Record did a lot better - next time that's where we'll start.

Next up, 1+1/4 Squats!

After this, for the rest of the day - ALL THE THINGS.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #2387
Erin Davidson

Profile:

SATURDAY, 9/1/12

I can't remember - maybe O-lifting? It was Labor Day weekend so...

SUNDAY, 9/2/12

Wissahickon - Maddox learned to swim!

MONDAY, 9/3/12

Klokov Pulls:

63, 78, 88, 98, 103, 108, 113f (miss, but almost got it)

Clean and Double Jerk:

103, 123, 138, 138 (oof clean), 143, 148 (67kg - 2nd jerk a little bend in left elbow), 153 (fail on second jerk), 153 (yay!), 158f (clean was very slow, fail on the 1st jerk!)

Pause Front Squat:
The Goal is to get 78kg for 3. Keeping total volume to 6 sets of 3.

PROJECTED:
133, 148, 158, 163, 168, 173

COMPLETED:
133, 148, 158 (third one was a little slow), 163 (made but slow), 168 (failed on second but looking at vid now I feel like I should have made it), 158

TUESDAY, 9/4/12

Super groggy. Training at 4pm.

Snatch off the low blocks -

35x2, 35x2, 40x2, 44x2 made it but Jim said I should keep working on getting in the true bottom, 44x2 better getting into the bottom, 47x1x1, 50x1 Jim says keep working on the aggressive finish, 52x1 but Jim says I rushed the go... I kinda wonder what the answer is to this. Should I keep accelerating it but keep it closer or literally slow down the ascent? Prolly the former. "stay on heels longer", 52x1 - did it but didn't keep it close, 52xtry both - good but deliberate!, 54x1 (yay), 55x1, 56x1, 58x1, and then, you know, 60x1 - that's a huge PR off the blocks and a huge PR overhead. 1 kilo more than I have ever snatched. Jim said it swung a bit but otherwise looked easy.

Pause Cleans:

40x2, 50x2, 55x2, 60x1, 65x1, 70x1, 72x1, 74x1, 76x1 - a little slow, but this is to be expected given the pause.

Front Squat, triples for speed:

55, 62.5, 65 (a stupid jump), 69, 74, 77 (oof - but no stalling yet), 80 (attempt and got it, woohoo!)

WEDNESDAY, 9/5/12

Rest day.

THURSDAY, 9/6/12

Had to take another rest day because my allergies acted up - had to beg Chris to take my late night Elements class because I could not see. FUUUUUUN.

FRIDAY, 9/7/12

Day before the Nutrition Seminar and lots of prep for that and many other CFCC things going on all day. Ended up taking about an hour and a half to step away and train late at night.

Snatched up to 56kgs. (three kilos below PR)
Cleaned up to 77kg. (one kilo below PR)

Not too shabby considering how much time I had.

SATURDAY, 9/8/12

Went in the AM at 830am.

Klokov Pulls up to 50kg. I believe I failed at 51 or 52kg.
Clean and Jerked up to 72kg? I can't remember this day... cause I went right from here to coaching, the Nutrition Seminar, and then the Potluck. It was good to see everyone though - I genuinely enjoy hanging around on Saturdays at CFCC I get to see most members that I don't always get to.

SUNDAY, 9/9/12

Well - this was a GOOD day.

I PR'd my total. And nearly PR'd a lot else.

Snatched, to 59kg, and then attempted 60kg but just couldn't pull through at the top as aggressively as I wanted to.

Clean and Jerked up to 75kg... pretty easily. And then, failed 77kg on the clean - honestly mostly because CROGA started and I always feel bad making noise during it. That's ok though

I ended up squatting with Greengas which was a nice change of pace - haven't done that with her in a while.

Front Squat, up to 88kg. Failed on 91kg (would have matched my PR) That said, I was like 5kg below 88kg when I first hopped back into Oly about 2 months ago. I feel stronger and that's important.

THEN, I got greedy:

With the Advanced Team, practiced muscle-ups - glad these are still feeling good. Still practicing jumping up, stringing them together, and getting out of false grip a bit.

Skipped "Christine" because it would have been too fatiguing. Then, decided to do: AMRAP 8 minutes: 5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups (hand-release EAAAAAASIER), 5 135lb. Back Squats (left knee feeling weird here - really had to work on stabilizing to keep from feeling it. 6? or 7? Rounds and 8 pushups.

MONDAY, 9/10/12

Ugh. Feeling sore going in. Yesterday was maybe not the smartest idea - I may need to pull out of Advanced WODs earlier than I thought No pain in left knee (adductors a little tight - windmill lunged them out) but feeling sore/tight in traps and pecs (yesterday's metcon).

Weight 135.5lbs - sleep, minimal at best.

Snatch, up to 54kg. I pretty much slammed 44kgs into my shins - fun times. They were already shredded from the weekend when I decided it might be a good idea to where shorts while o-lifting. Hrm. Failing on 55kg - just not pulling thru - thinking about too many other things.

Clean and Double Jerk, started at 45kg. Just working as much as I can on keeping elbows up and dipping thru my torso. Up to 68kg.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:07 PM   #2388
Erin Davidson

Profile:

And now - this would have been my 5th day on so... TUESDAY, 9/11/12 - feeling extremely sneezy (ALLERGEEEEEZ) - the Whole30 is behind me - and I'm resting.

I need to make sure that I make a solid effort to train tomorrow - things will be very busy.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:04 PM   #2389
Erin Davidson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin Davidson View Post
THURSDAY, 5/15/12

Snatch, (not a ton of time), up to 50kg - and then made 5 attempts there (110lbs.) of which I made 4 out of 5 (so that's goodish). I'm still working on trying to keep my pull big but also connect that to being as violent as possible in pulling myself under the bar - that's a lot to type - but the feeling when I do it and the moving video that I see of myself doing it in my head is pretty vivid.

I did want to clean but just didn't have time.

FRIDAY, 5/16/12

Conventional Deadlift up to 175 x 3. I feel good about this. It'll be fun to follow the cycle and actually TRY to get stronger - how innovative!

The last time I did "Fran" was in early January.

TODAY: 651 - oddly enough, a PR. Interesting.

Once upon a time I had the conditioning to complete all the thrusters unbroken. I should be able to do this next time. My pullups were split up 11-8-3 and then 5-5-5 and then 3-2-2-1-1 I guess the goal is to go sub 5 first - but I think a sub 4 is pretty important for the average "Regionals" athlete.
For my records

Deadlifted, 213lbs. by mainly changing my hip position a bit, at a bodyweight that's nearly 25lbs. lighter than the last time I did it (215lbs. - horrible form - on youtube somewhere from about 5 years ago).

The last time I did "Fran" was 651. This time, 542.

Funnily enough, I was going pretty steadily through the thrusters with the hope that I wouldn't blow my still very achey knee to bits. It didn't feel that bad afterwards, and my pull-ups felt very good. I still got that weird throw-uppey feeling in the last round (mainly just while kipping) but it's pretty amazing how quickly that goes away.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:36 PM   #2390
Erin Davidson

Profile:

Reviving this... because I keep forgetting my notebook everywhere, I am training more, and better than I have in a LONG time, I think it'd be fun to show how I am training and how this contributes to my knowledge of programming and what I give to others (one of the biggest incentives for my training) - and I miss this kind if tracking.

2.17 - 2.20
Monday
AM
A. Snatch from pause above knee; HS
B. C&J - EmOM x 1 rep @ 83% x 6 minutes
+
6 minute amrap
burpee box jump, 20 must stand up and step off
EmOM do 2 MU.. start w/ 2 MU

A. Up to 56kg. It was weird because this felt very doable...but I really felt I should stop. Since I've been reviving my right shoulder, I haven't really been trying to snatch anything that gets too mangled. I love this drill.
B. Felt to C&J anything after being on the beach - @ 140 for this.
C. I did c2b because I was just back. This was a weird one... So short, and just steady. I'm still struggling to get my c2b back - rhythm is shot...

PM
20 minute amrap
5 pC @ 100#
10 T2B
15 UB wall balls, 14#, 9ft

Aimed for 8 rounds, got 7 flat. UB on PC, chipping at t2b (sets of 6, then 4... Then less after round 4), wallballs were UB but man is that HARD. My stamina especially through the midline was hugely taxed after round 4 - the abs could not catch at the front of the kip... Not sure what my previous score on this one is.

Tuesday
AM
A. Mid hang PS @ 75% x 2 x 3
B. OhS - build to a tough triple off the rack in 7 minutes
+
10 minute amrap @ 80%
10 ring dips
10 DL @ 105
10 CTB pull ups

A. @98 for this. A good drill for hands - those need to be more precise - and also for the toughest point in the lift for me (last tension wise).
B. 75/105/125/140/145 - I believe this is a PR for what's been over my head for a triple since reviving the shoulder. Other things learned: tightening my wrist wraps on that last set made a huge difference.
C. 3 rds + 2 ring dips - still trying to catch that rhythm. It was maybe a teeny bit better today. Taped hands.

PM
@ max effort
250m row
15 thrusters @ 75#
15 no push up burpee box jump 20
rest 15 minutes x 2 rounds
+
2 minute max calories on AD

Max Effort. Hmm. 358/358 (thrusters slaughtered mostly my brain but also I'm SUPER sore...) and 33 cal on the AD. I'm still getting my bearings on the AD... I never know what to expect of myself... this was much lower than it should have been. Maybe at least 40 next time?