CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 07-28-2009, 05:06 AM   #1
Daniel Liljon

Profile:
CF vacation in the U.S.

Hello,

My name is Daniel Liljön and am 21 years old. Born and raised in Sweden/Helsingborg. 6feet tall, weighs around 165lbs and has a BMI of 21. I work in a warehouse where my task is to navigate an ABB robotic arm. Within a few years is my goal to be a certified personal trainer as training is my big interest. I Have always been active in a club but now in recent years I've started training more on my own. My interest in body and health grew during the year in the Army, it was there I fell over CF on the Internet. I began practicing CF early this year.
Next summer, I will cycle around Sweden which is about 3000mils. This is what I'm training for now.

I'm going to travel to the US in the begining of September and will stay about 5weeks. What I seek is a CF affiliate. U.S. is big that is why I'm looking for tips on where I will address myself here. What I am looking for are people who are good at teaching, pleasant atmosphere. The goal of this trip is to build strength and get a better technique for the exercises.

Information I'm looking for is primarily a affilite who is willing to take me in. Where in the U.S. does not matter but it is never a minus if it is hot (afterall it's a vacation) .
A place you can live in the vicinity. Anybody know if there is anyone who rents out rooms, hostel, cheap hotel or an apartment.

Why the U.S? To CrossFit is so great there and have always wanted to go there. I want to come away from Sweden/Scandinavia/Europe so that I can put my english to use and be able to get by on my own in new situations and places.

All tips appreciated.

Thanks
/ Daniel
Old 07-28-2009, 05:33 AM   #2
Daniel Liljon

Profile:
Re: CF vacation in the U.S.

Headshoot of ME.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:17 PM   #3
Charlie A Nilsson

Profile:
Re: CF vacation in the U.S.

Hi
exactly where you should go depends a little bit on what you want.
Just a CrossFit vacation and nothing else there is loads of places to go with awesome affiliates.
Although alot recommends Santa Cruz, where it all started.

There are gyms more focused on Oly lifting, some on Powerlifting and so on....
If i had a just CrossFit vacation i would try to go to Santa Cruz, and then travel to different certs.

Men om du är sugen på att ha nån att träna med ibland, och har vägarna förbi lite mer norrut så är du välkommen till Ljungby där jag håller hus.
Har träna CF i ca 1.5år och har tagit CrossFit LvL 1 certifieringen.
Alltid med mer folk att träna med

/Charlie
28/5.6/~150# DL: 419# BS: 330# Press: 155# "Mary" 16+2 "Angie" 15:29 "Murph" 34:15 "Fran" 3:42