CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 01-28-2008, 08:57 AM   #1
Michael Lynn

Profile:
POSE WODs?

I've attended a NYC clinic with Dr. Romanov, I have the DVD and the book and some stretch cordz.

What I'd like is some help setting up a training program to train the drills. This is the last piece of the puzzle for me.

I appreciate any help,
-Mike
Old 01-28-2008, 02:43 PM   #2
Darren Zega

Profile:  
Re: POSE WODs?

Mike,

I could give you a program, but it will pale in comparison to the POSE coaches over in the forums at www.posetech.com (wfs). They can work you through a great progression and provide excellent digital coaching. Several of us can POSE run with good form, but when it comes to teaching and programming, they're professionals.

I can , however, make several recommendations:

First, take some time off from the WOD to do your POSE work. Practicing coordination, agility, balance and accuracy with your drills is woefully neglected and a WOD all by itself (don't I sound like this month's CFJ).

Second, there is such a large variation in the time required to develop successful form that one size program does not fit all. I picked up the drills in two weeks before beginning short runs because I was lucky and had developed calves from 12 years barefoot martial arts training. If you've never trained barefoot or with minimalist footwear, you will need significantly longer. If this is your case, what I CAN recommend are these foot drills, WFS. Do them three days on-one day off for a month, as RXed, and you will see noticeable gains in calf strength.

Third, buy minimalist running shoes recommended on the shoes-running-crossfit thread in these forums. For a brief list of shoes I like: Virbram Fivefingers, Puma h-street, Asics Tai-Chi, and Puma Saloh. The thread is exhaustive and covers the issue in detail - read it.

Other than that, Posetech.com forums are the way to go. They will give you great programming and digital coaching.

Last edited by Darren Zega : 01-28-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:49 PM   #3
Michael Lynn

Profile:
Re: POSE WODs?

Darren,

By all means, if you have any "workouts" to suggest, I'd appreciate them greatly.

I started this about 9 months ago, trying to learn POSE before I went to Air Force Field Training. Met Dr. Romanov in NYC in May, very intelligent man. I overtrained it with poor form, did something painful to my achilles tendon, rested it until it was better, went to FT and ran heel-strike for the 4 weeks because I never got the POSE form down.

I've been trying off and on to get my form down, but I don't know how to build an effective plan. I know I need to use the drills, but I don't know how to plan an effective means of learning them.

I'm a member of the POSEtech forums, I asked a similar question there, really I'm trying to gather as much information from as many sources as possible.

Thank you for your help,
-Mike