CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 06-01-2003, 08:41 PM   #1
Fiona

Profile:  
I have been doing the WOD for about a month now, taking it "easy" and gradually uping the intensity.
Im a week behind because i can only access the net during the week but it means i can plan my workouts and training accodinally. I do brazilian Jiu jitsu and am Currently studying to be a fitness instructor.
Cross fit workouts are great, since starting ive finally been able to squat and dead lift my own body weight (70kg), and im not far off it as a 1RM for bench.
Yesterday i did a 10km run called King/Queen of the castle 5km up then down a hill in 1hr and 1 min. and i only run when its in th WOD so im preaty happy with my efforts.
Some things i have had to modify,or drop the weight for and at the moment i can only do 2 chins(but that better than the 0 at the start of the month) before i need assistance. I do my crossfit workouts solo most of the time Im lucky becasue the gym i go to is great they have a power lifting club so i can acess olympic bars and training plate they have a assisted chin/dip machine. About the only things (so far)i cant do there are rope and ring work. but i do L-sits using the chin bar ( when rope climbs are in WOD) or dip bars. But i finally found a gymnastic club that do adult classes so on thursday i get to have a play on the rings, wish me luck.

Ps i havent meet pukie yet!! but our paths came very close on Sunday when i went and did the WOD after my hill run.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:03 PM   #2
Robert Wolf

Profile:
Hi Fiona! I just wanted to welcome you to the board and suggest that you look into Coach's certification program if you are aspiring to a fitness career.

BTW-great #'s on your lifts! Keep it up!
Robb
Old 06-11-2003, 11:17 PM   #3
Fiona

Profile:  
Thanks Robb, I'm Australia so certification program my be a little hard. But right now im just concentrating on getting throught the workouts, but one day.
Went to gynastics last week, lots of flips and handstands, they promise me tonight we will do the rope and have a play on the rings. Which is good becasue my WOD im on today has rope climbs.