CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 04-25-2011, 02:20 PM   #21
Shane Atkinson

Profile:
Re: Re-Tread(NWFS)

Hoping in here to see where this goes. So far you're looking good. Hope that foot continues to heal right. Best of luck with those Army docs.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:00 PM   #22
Travis Loest

Profile:

Hey Shane, thanks for watching, I've already had surgery on that foot before, that particular bone had 3 screws in the front side of it already, now they want to put one in the back...FML

Deadlift 1-1-1-1-1-1-1

warmed up with
95#x5, 135#x5, 185#x5, 225#x3

working sets
275#-315#(pr)-325#(pr)-345#(pr)-365#(f)-345#(just to end on a good note)

I got a little greedy with the 365. I may have been able to pull 355#, but 365# only moved about and inch or two off the ground. The last time I pulled anything like this was when I was in Iraq 05-06, I was excited this last tour with 305# and I blew right past it. Guess how much I've been deadlifting...nada, null, zip, and zilch. I haven't deadlifted seriously in over 6 months. Hell I haven't even worked out seriously until I started CrossFit back up a couple weeks/month and a half ago!!
Old 04-26-2011, 03:44 PM   #23
Travis Loest

Profile:

Also noticed some pain in my right elbow while I was doing pull-ups, didn't bother me on dips, just the pull-ups. Strange that it's only on one elbow...or maybe not...
Old 04-28-2011, 06:13 PM   #24
Travis Loest

Profile:

Took two rest days, yesterday was on purpose. Today, I ended up helping a friend pack up a good portion of his house. He was burglarized on Easter Sunday then again on Tuesday.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:23 AM   #25
Shane Atkinson

Profile:

Good looking deads. Funny how we are always finding minor aches and pains. Is the pain on the inside or outside of the elbow?
Old 05-02-2011, 07:25 PM   #26
Travis Loest

Profile:

inside, haven't seemed to notice it on pull ups, just chin ups, I'm taking a break from pull-ups and chin ups for a bit, just shifted back up to Stewart and will begin working out outside of my trailer, it will be interesting to see what I come up with, I've got a 4 day weekend to see what kind of crap I can make on the cheep and keep working out here, doing it at the gym on base is just way too much of a pain in the arse.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:37 AM   #27
Shane Atkinson

Profile:

Man are you telling the truth about doing WODs on base. One reason I built a gym in my basement, to bad I have to pack it up and store it for the 3 years Ill be in Germany.

With that inside pain only on chin ups it sounds like it's just the tendon there with a big name I can not spell. I use to have that hurt and tighten when I was a bicep curl type guy. Doubt it is anything serious, but hope it calms down for you soon.

Tires, Parrallets, Sledge Hammers, etc. You can get all that cheap.

Also to add difficulty to your runs, get an old Alice Pack frame with waistbelt and a normal car tire no rim. Place a U-Bolt into the tire and a D-Ring to the U-Bolt and your ruck frame, then End-Line Bow-Line a piece of rope on both ends (Long enough to keep the tire off your heels) and snap the loops into the D-Rings.

Now you have a nice resistance chest rig for cheap / free. Do a few repeats, hill sprints, or 1-3 mile runs and tell me it is useless.

Best of luck to ya.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:38 PM   #28
Travis Loest

Profile:

Seems as the older I get the more I fall apart. I broke my foot back in November and it has not healed. I think the doctor called it a "fibrous non-union" I've got a consult to discuss putting a pin/screw in it. I don't have a problem "lifting" weights, it's just moving around with them that does serious damage. I can deadlift & snatch & clean & jerk, but I tried walking to the motorpool (approx. 400m) with a 35# ruck on and wanted to cry. It felt like the bone was shifting every time I put my foot down.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:54 PM   #29
Travis Loest

Profile:

Had an organizational day on Thursday, played volleyball, don't know how but two people ended up landing on my bad foot, technically three if you count me. Then for some dumb-*** reason I let the CO talk me into doing a litter carry run. Not such a great idea. I've been trying to take it easy, trying to let the foot heal, trying to let the pain in my elbow go away. I can't even pick up a laundry bag without my elbow hurting...
Old 05-09-2011, 06:14 PM   #30
Travis Loest

Profile:

Doc put me in a cam walker or post op shoe for the next 6-8 weeks and told me to stop doing ****. If I wanted to work out I had to do it sitting down.
wonder if the rower counts. Suppose to be getting a "bone growth stimulator" next week sometime. Some how I feel this is snake oil.