CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 02-21-2008, 08:45 AM   #1
Jeff Wendt

Profile:
Lightbulb Rubber bumper plates to Austin, looking for another set to ship with it

Now that I have my tax refund on the way, I was looking into picking up a set of rubber bumper plates. I have noticed that there are never any on Craigslist, so it looks like a new set for me, and it seems that a set from Wright will do the trick.

I was hoping that I could find at least one other person in the Austin area that would want to go in with me so as to reduce the shipping costs, it's a significant saving even finding one other person.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:33 AM   #2
Peter Keller

Profile:
Re: Rubber bumper plates to Austin, looking for another set to ship with it

Jeff,

I don't need a full set, but I want 2 45#/20k bumper plates. I am willing to jump onto your deal and share shipping proportionally.

Something to note:
I work for a small company that does a good bit of logistics. I have access to a dock (actually, 10 docks at our Austin location) for the delivery of the plates, which (assuming they come LTL) may knock a substantial amount off the freight bill.

Let me know via email if you want me to join in- and if you want to leverage my warehouse for receiving. We are located near 183/Cameron.

Peter
peter.keller at yahoo
Old 02-21-2008, 01:44 PM   #3
John Seiler

Profile:

Gents,

No knock against Wright but Pendlay is in Witchita Falls, TX. Don't know if that will save you any dough. Good luck.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:44 PM   #4
Peter Keller

Profile:

John,

Thanks for the heads-up. I actually do know that Glenn is in Wichita Falls- and I have one of his bars.

Jeff,

You may want to look into Glenn's prices. At this point, I am indifferent- I just want a couple of 20k bumper plates at a price that won't get me in too much trouble with the Mrs.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:53 PM   #5
Jeff Wendt

Profile:

I'm not all that worried about which one, Cheapest ones as long as they work the same.

I might take you up on that dock offer if it saves on shipping, I work at 35 & 290

Just want another set to go with still...