CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 11-24-2007, 12:48 PM   #31
James Heal

Profile:
Re: FDAZ "fitness deviants Arizona"

OHS and 400's as rxed 16:13.

slowed down a bit by crossfitkids...they did rebar squats, KB swings, and 200's. needed help on form from time to time.

every time I do OHS, I marvel at the people who do BW OHSx15 One day perhaps...hope everyone had a good holiday. God Bless.

Jim Heal
TFD en03
Old 11-24-2007, 06:30 PM   #32
Brian Castillo

Profile:

all 6 of us did todays WOD. used 95, 65, barbell, 30, 25 dumbells and bodyweight. all did all 5 rounds. no one did OHS as we haven't covered that skill yet. I did front, 3 did back squat and the dumbell and bodyweight guys did the other.

2 of us kept time:

Micah (probie) 18.59
Brian (me) 19.33 with breaks to help others with form.

Probie very excited, first time he has been faster.

OH, and one guy puked at end during recovery walk!!

VIVA LA DEVIANCE
nwfd 36 C
Old 11-24-2007, 08:19 PM   #33
Nicholas Ranney

Profile:

Nice work fellas, in haste I read the WOD as 3 rounds. Scaled to 65lbs with solid form and 400's on tread mill set at 8 min. mile 9:44 time, probably good since I just crested the hump with this cold. Anyone interested in getting togeather for Elizibeth give me a call 270-8861. I know Jim's off, Mikes off, Brian if you worked out today your probably off. BYO rings, bars, kids, wives whatever. It's always the three of us and Leif posting (any time you want to bring the family down Leif give me a call).
Nick
DHFD st.4 B
Old 11-25-2007, 09:36 PM   #34
Nicholas Ranney

Profile:

Everyone have the same crappy performance as me? 17:20, broken, fell twice from bottom, last set of ring dips....jumpers just to keep some kind of decent ROM. Full squat power cleans at RX'ed weight a first. No weighted pull ups on duty maybe make up Helen. I'll let you know how it goes.
Hope all is well.
Nick, Drexel B shifter
(testing in '08)
Old 11-26-2007, 08:56 PM   #35
Brian Castillo

Profile:

should have done the WOD as rx'd but boys were up every hour last night for no apparent reason. First cold night maybe. wife & I rotated turns, I phoned in today with some quality "me" time at station as afternoon allowed. will do something manana. perhaps TGU, KB cleans and KB snatches after a long WU. be safe and will report in tommorroww...

viva la deviance
Old 11-26-2007, 09:35 PM   #36
Nicholas Ranney

Profile:

Brian I feel your pain. You will get used to functioning under these conditions, you have no choice. My boys still don't sleep thru the night, the whole house passing illness around leaves little energy for WOD's. I made up Helen today, 9:54 i'll take it. Gonna enjoy the rest day scout some trees $$$$. Still like to get togeather for a work out.

Did you guys see that vid. of the OLY lifting? Probably the best yet, opened some new thoughts about snatch possibilities.

Anyone heard from the Doctor lately?

Nick, same place same shift
Later
Old 11-27-2007, 10:15 AM   #37
michael heinz

Profile:

Hello All:

Hope everyone is doing well. Haven't been able to post, however I was somehow able to keep up with the WODS...more or less. I really liked that OHS/400 workout. That workout, as well as the "lunchtime snatch" video, leads me to believe we will soon be seeing some snatches in our immediate future. I was feeling really good that morning, going into my last round of the run/squat, when we got a call, which was a real ****er. We didn't make it back to the station until after dinner...sometimes I love being a medic!

Elizabeth totally kicked my ***. After that first round, my deep squat cleans mutated into power cleans for the rest of the reps. I would have dropped the weight to keep good form, but we only had access to the two 45lb plates, so decreasing the weight wasn't an option. Definitely need to make a set of rings...

Pullups felt good. Last rep was strict with BW +100lbs, followed up by multiple sets of of unweighted PU in various hand positions. Couple of us were looking at the www.GymJones.com site (gym where all the guys from the movie 300 trained), and found a GHD/medicine ball workout that was cool. We used a flat bench with feet locked under the dumbell rack and then threw the ball up the wall as high as we could get it while performing the sit up...did it Tabata style after the PU's. It had us all cussing like sailors and whimpering like babies...which provided great entertainment to those waiting for their turn.

Nick, Dr. G just posted a comment on the main site. Perhaps it wasn't intentional, put he came off sounding a bit snooty to me. Still haven't been by his place yet...

Stay safe,

Mike Heinz
PM 9 B
TFD
Old 11-27-2007, 11:01 AM   #38
James Heal

Profile:

Elizabeth as rx'd 11:03
squat cleans were broken into 5's after the first 10, but they were butt to the ground. ring dips weren't bad.

weighted pullups finished with 1 of 105#

ran UA stadium for time today, 23:09.

I wonder if you guys are passing that cold around via this blog...hope it doesn't come my way. good to hear you guys are feeling better. nothing worse during cold season than having school age children bringing home every virus available, and working as a rolling HMO for all the fine citizens out there.

enjoy your rest day all.
Jim H
en03
tfd

Last edited by James Heal; 11-27-2007 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 11-27-2007, 02:20 PM   #39
Leif Lake

Profile:

Feel like I'm jumping calls out of my area whenever I post, Hope you guys don't mind. I felt like "Nancy" with the OHS. time was 27:03 but my left arm kept going numb, think I was pinching a nerve or something. broken sets trying to get feeling back.
Elizabeth 11:40
weighted pull-ups
53/1, 63/1, 73/1, 88/1, 98/1, 114/fail, 103/1.
Posting on here has been a good motivator for me. when I am doing the wods alone it's been pushing me knowing that I'm going to post my numbers. 2nd cert at Mesa Fire in April if you guys know anyone interested.
Leif Lake
SRFD
292 B shift
Old 11-27-2007, 08:52 PM   #40
Nicholas Ranney

Profile:

Jim, Leif, I'm laughing my butt off at your posts. Rolling HMO, yeah, I'm on the box right now and we TX BLS so guess who is keeping the S.L.&L company? Leif the "I felt like Nancy and jumping calls" comments were great. Hey did you see the lastest (boob) shot of NYC. Oh please take me seriously, soon we will call her coach. Happy to have you Leif, I don't want to be the only one with twisted ex hotshot sense of humor. Lets see what you guys got for the total? Just added 90lbs in bumpers to the collection PR's to come.
Later
Nick