CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 09-14-2009, 06:34 PM   #651
Danielle Benford

Profile:
Re: Danielle's Dungeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
Hey Danny!!! I wondered when you would come crawling back!! JK

Glad to see you back on the boards. Good luck with getting back into it. Going to a crossfit gym will be great!!
Thanks! It is probably still a few weeks out (still have a little to work on budget-wise)... but I am gung-ho on coming back! A girl that lives in my building just started at CrossFit 9, and I find that I am missing it more and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Robotham View Post
Hey Danielle, how come you've had soo long off?

I did a half marathon a couple of years back, I trained mainly CF and the most I ran before game day was 9 mile. I still managed to do ok finishing in 1.46 and I think I weighed in around 90k back then.
Yes, it has been a long vacation - coming back will be hard - but fun! Nice job at 1.46 for the half! I ran 11 miles one day last week and will be attempting 11.5 tomorrow. I know that I am (mentally) the type of person that will perform better if I know I have done that distance before. I'm debating whether to rejoin CF after the half or if I will be able to appropriately mix the two.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:30 AM   #652
Leon Robotham

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle Benford View Post
Thanks! It is probably still a few weeks out (still have a little to work on budget-wise)... but I am gung-ho on coming back! A girl that lives in my building just started at CrossFit 9, and I find that I am missing it more and more.

Yes, it has been a long vacation - coming back will be hard - but fun! Nice job at 1.46 for the half! I ran 11 miles one day last week and will be attempting 11.5 tomorrow. I know that I am (mentally) the type of person that will perform better if I know I have done that distance before. I'm debating whether to rejoin CF after the half or if I will be able to appropriately mix the two.
I guess you need to be in the right place mentally if you're to perform well. I think a mix of CF & CFE (focussing on the longer duration efforts) should serve you well. Whatever you do I'm sure you'll do well but I guess you just need to weigh up the pros and cons of starting now or after the run. Good luck with it and I'll keep an eye on your log to see how you do.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:13 AM   #653
Nik Nichols

Profile:

I have to agree with Leon, the sooner you get back to Xfit the better, asnd CFE will be right up your alley for the run.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:38 PM   #654
Danielle Benford

Profile:

I agree too... my only fear is getting too into CF and slacking on the run. And like I said, I still have a few budget items to work on. My boyfriend is moving in with me now, and we begin sharing bills on Oct. 1. Then, I will probably use a month or two pay down my credit card, and THEN I think I'll join CF. Regardless of when it is, it will happen before year's end Just have to find the right timing.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:06 PM   #655
Danielle Benford

Profile:

So... I keep trying to make my way back to CF, and I don't know if it will be permanent, but I did Friday and Saturday's WODs. Yay, me!

The gym I go to is on a local college campus (I get in for free, hardy har har) and it's summer time, so everyone has gone home. I was literally on the only person in the entire place on Saturday. I've been doing a lot of running and yoga and maintaining a regular gym routine, but it's time to break back into CF. So... we'll see how this goes. I'll try to jump back on here every once in a while, if not regularly.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:08 PM   #656
Danielle Benford

Profile:

WOD: 400m and squats
Four rounds, for time.
400m run
50 squats

Based on my records from when I previously did CF, the last time I did this workout was 7/2008. Yikes. Gotta start back somewhere though! Ran on a treadmill, so start up was a bit slow but I felt pretty good about the workout, overall.

Time: 16:28
Old 05-23-2010, 06:11 PM   #657
Danielle Benford

Profile:

WOD: J.T.
21-15-9 reps of:
HSPUs (sub: 45# should press>push press)
Ring dips (sub: bench dips)
Push ups (sub: girly PUs)

Time: 8:02

The decision to use the bar for should presses was dumb. I ended up failing in during the first 21 and had to switch to push presses. The rest of the workout was rough because of that decision, but as always, it's great to get through a CF workout, no matter what the time or results
Old 05-24-2010, 06:35 AM   #658
Nik Nichols

Profile:

JHey hey, look what the cat dragged in!! Good to see you are still active and alive. Scale it back. Come back SLOW!!

How's it going?
Old 05-24-2010, 03:16 PM   #659
Danielle Benford

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
JHey hey, look what the cat dragged in!! Good to see you are still active and alive. Scale it back. Come back SLOW!!

How's it going?
I was hoping you'd post on my thread!!

I'm doing great, thanks! Loving life in St. Pete, FL. I have a great job, I live in an awesome area with an incredible guy, ... I'm as happy as can be!! I will definitely work my way back in slowly, but no worries...I've gotten pretty heavy into running and yoga so I'm not completely out of shape

How are you? So awesome to see you still here! What's new and good?
Old 05-24-2010, 03:32 PM   #660
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle Benford View Post
I was hoping you'd post on my thread!!

I'm doing great, thanks! Loving life in St. Pete, FL. I have a great job, I live in an awesome area with an incredible guy, ... I'm as happy as can be!! I will definitely work my way back in slowly, but no worries...I've gotten pretty heavy into running and yoga so I'm not completely out of shape

How are you? So awesome to see you still here! What's new and good?
What are you doing now? Glad you are doing so good.

Me I'm addicted, I couldn't walk away from the workout if I was paid to.

New and good. Everything is about the same really. Loving my familly. Kids are tough, but I love every min of it. I bring my 3yo son up on weekend wile I'm doing the workout and he can do pullups on a rope and deadlifts, more like sumo deadlift high pull with 20lbs, his weight is 30lbs. I don't push him, he just grabs stuff and does what I do. So I got an EZ curl bar he uses with 2 1/2lbs on it. it is so cool!!