CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 09-28-2009, 08:03 AM   #71
Sean Harrison

Profile:
Re: Gloves are for gardening t-shirts now Available!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Fay View Post
I am the owner of CrossFit Brea I am posting through Dereks account because I do not have one yet. There are many valid points on this, our intentions were not meant to be harmful to any one race or sexual preference. I feel some of the comparisons were a bit extreme and my sole decision to stop selling these shirts is due to not wanting to hurt the CrossFit name. Jason Ashman has brought up a very valid point. We will either stop selling them or change *** to lame. CrossFit is a big community and I do respect the opinion within it. We are a thriving facility with nearly 100 members and not one has mentioned a word about being offended. It was meant as a joke but a number of you do not see it as such. So in respect to all of you I will change or stop selling them affective today. My trainers are all good people and I ultimately take blame due to me being the owner. I apologize to anyone that is or was offended. Thank you- Erik Arevalo. erik@crossfitbrea.com

I am not apologizing any more. Some of your comparisons are ****ing ridiculous. We did not realize the *** was so sensitive. We are not advocating hate crimes. Get over it. Chances are if you were offended by this shirt you might be offended by the music we play in class or the type of language that is thrown around in our box. For some reason the 100 members we have here do not care.

Buddy I can swear like a ****ing sailor and I tell jokes that would make Redd Foxx **** his pants.
Your T-shirt was just not a good attempt at a homosexual joke. It was a high-school level one.
You want good *** jokes, I got about a dozen.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:28 PM   #72
Briana Smith

Profile:

I can see how the shirt can be viewed as offensive but I think it's funny. The word *** has always been related to being soft, and I think that is what the author was intending. I do not sense any hatred or ill will towards any group race or religion like some of the previous posts indicate.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:42 PM   #73
Tom Woodside

Profile:

****. Just wanted to see if that works.

EDIT: Yep, sure does.

Last edited by Lynne Pitts; 10-01-2009 at 12:54 PM..
Old 09-30-2009, 12:06 AM   #74
Derek Fay

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Harrison View Post
Your T-shirt was just not a good attempt at a homosexual joke. It was a high-school level one.
The joke was about the juiced out, glove and fanny pack wearing, fake tanned dudes wearing MC Hammer pants and a bandana at the globo gym. The word was used as slang term for lame, and was in no way used or intended to offend homosexuals. It was a quote I heard at a cert and I thought it was funny enough to put on ONE shirt. I wore it at the CrossFit games and was stopped literally 100+ times by crossfitter's *** and straight alike to ask me where they could buy one. This thread has been blown completely out of proportion and needs to end here.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:10 AM   #75
David Moore

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Fay View Post
The joke was about the juiced out, glove and fanny pack wearing, fake tanned dudes wearing MC Hammer pants and a bandana at the globo gym. The word was used as slang term for lame, and was in no way used or intended to offend homosexuals. It was a quote I heard at a cert and I thought it was funny enough to put on ONE shirt. I wore it at the CrossFit games and was stopped literally 100+ times by crossfitter's *** and straight alike to ask me where they could buy one. This thread has been blown completely out of proportion and needs to end here.
Derek,

You are, as my dad used to say, missing a good opportunity to shut up. Explaining that you were using the word to *** describe an undesirable stereotype doesn't improve your position. Sometimes you need to say, "oops, my bad" and THEN STOP TALKING.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:16 AM   #76
Danny Noonan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Moore View Post
Derek,

You are, as my dad used to say, missing a good opportunity to shut up. Explaining that you were using the word to *** describe an undesirable stereotype doesn't improve your position. Sometimes you need to say, "oops, my bad" and THEN STOP TALKING.
Seconded! Good god, it's like you don't even understand what you're saying with this shirt. "I'm not making fun of *** people, I'm making fun of glove and fanny pack wearing, fake tanned dudes wearing MC Hammer pants... by calling them ***." I'm actually pretty speechless.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:52 AM   #77
Ryan Hoegner

Profile:

I worked a FGB charity event with Erik and Derek of CrossFit Brea last weekend. They are great guys and operate a fantastic affiliate, regardless of what they printed on their shirt. Lets just move on.....

Ryan
Old 10-01-2009, 07:04 PM   #78
Greg Light

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Israel Briskin View Post
Christy, it's a wordfilter. We couldn't type out the word "***" if we wanted to, as you no doubt just discovered.

I agree that the back of the shirt is stupid. I haven't called anything I disapproved of "***" since I was in high school.
I think you're misinterpreting what Christy said.... Christy didn't really say the back of the shirt is stupid did she?

Apparently one of the people that everyone is so worried about offending with this shirt isn't offended at all, yet everyone wants to claim that she is.

I'm sure there are some **** that will be offended, but I'm guessing they won't be buying the shirt or joining that affiliate.

Its a ****ing shirt people. Get over it.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:52 AM   #79
Wayne Riddle

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Hoegner View Post
I worked a FGB charity event with Erik and Derek of CrossFit Brea last weekend. They are great guys and operate a fantastic affiliate, regardless of what they printed on their shirt. Lets just move on.....
I'm sure they are. They took something they thought would be funny and really didn't work out when exposed to a larger population, a JGB (Joke Gone Bad).