CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Digital Coaching
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Coaching Post pictures or movies for critique and coaching

Old 09-26-2009, 09:40 AM   #11
Joe Bernard

Profile:
Re: Squat and Deadlift Check- Day 1 of SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence "Bo" Boland III View Post
Joe,

For some reason I cant load the squat video, but your DL is looking pretty good. If you watch very carefully, when you're putting the bar down, you're every so slightly going "around" the knees with the bar. It's not horrible, but still a minor point to work on. You want to see the bar go up, and come straight down, in a straight line.

If I ever get the squat video to work... I'll comment

Also, you're one skinny dude! Are you doing GOMAD with SS, or trying to eat a ton?
I just clicked on the squat video and it worked, so that's weird. Try the link a couple of times, sometimes it doesn't work for me but then when I close the window and click on the link again it works. Again, it's odd but it works.

I see what you mean on the deadlift. I watched it in slo-mo just now, I've got to make sure my hips are sent back before knees bend. Thanks for the tip.

Yea I am pretty light, lost 15lbs from May to September unintentionally, it was weird, and I was eating Paleo (been doing it for 2.5 years, so it wasn't because I had just started it). I went from 145lbs to 130lbs, with a low of 129.5lbs. Not good and I lost a bunch of strength, so I'm doing SS (started this past monday) and trying to eat alot. Notice anything out of whack about the power clean video?
Old 09-27-2009, 02:01 PM   #12
Joe Bernard

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bernard View Post
Ok I read the squat chapter and looked at the squat videos over at ************. I think I fixed the knees going forward problem, there may be a little movement at the bottom, but I think it's much better than before. Deadlift looks better too, I locked my back and made sure my shoulders were over the bar. Squat is the first video and deadlift is the second. The third one is power cleans, figured I would include it in this thread instead of making another one. All links are wfs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMCARIzvDs4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExwNhmwFR84
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8dEZ0zceas
Anyone have a comment for the first and third video? Sorry for seeming inpatient, I just want to make sure I have pretty good form for the squat and power clean because I'm doing the workout with them tomorrow and the squat weight is getting up there in terms of nearing my 5RM.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:19 PM   #13
Graeme Howland

Profile:

I am by no means an expert in weightlifting, but those look pretty decent to me, maybe think about bringing your elbows high and outside, you might be early arm pulling a bit after the jump. Personally, I would not start from the ground until you are using 135lbs since those plates look skinny and you appear tall. I would just do hang cleans until then.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:54 AM   #14
Joe Bernard

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme Howland View Post
I am by no means an expert in weightlifting, but those look pretty decent to me, maybe think about bringing your elbows high and outside, you might be early arm pulling a bit after the jump. Personally, I would not start from the ground until you are using 135lbs since those plates look skinny and you appear tall. I would just do hang cleans until then.
Yea I've got to fully extend my hips before I pull, thanks. I'm 5'10, but I'll stack some plates underneath the barbell until I get to 135lbs so my form is not compromised and the starting height is constant.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:38 AM   #15
Scott Dyck

Profile:

Eat everything you see.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:12 PM   #16
Joe Bernard

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Dyck View Post
Eat everything you see.
I'm working on it, it's tough though.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:13 PM   #17
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

Was the squat video a warm up set?
Old 09-28-2009, 01:41 PM   #18
Tom Woodside

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie J. Skibicki View Post
If not, that girl in the background doing front squats with about the same weight is strong as hell.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:50 PM   #19
Ryan Hoegner

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Woodside View Post
If not, that girl in the background doing front squats with about the same weight is strong as hell.
LOL
Old 09-29-2009, 09:36 AM   #20
Joe Bernard

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie J. Skibicki View Post
It was a working set, the video is from day 3 of SS, I started the squat at 75lbs. My current 5RM is 115lbs, so yea I'm weak and looking to gain a good deal of strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Woodside View Post
She is lifting 75lbs thankfully lol. I've been going to this gym for three years now during the school year and she is the first girl I've seen to do front squats. Not great form, but at least she is doing a functional movement alot better than most of the other guys I've seen do it.