CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 09-03-2009, 11:26 AM   #11
Evan Keller

Profile:
Re: College Football!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kerce View Post
haha...believe me, after last season as an AU fan, i feel your pain! that said, the Aggies are recruiting something fierce these days, so better days should be ahead.
Christine Michael looks like an animal, I just hope the football gods smile on him (offensive line) and allow a ray of hope. Although, my eternal optimism was crushed my freshman year when we got curb stomped by UT in the Cotton Bowl...
Old 09-03-2009, 11:28 AM   #12
Mike Kerce

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Keller View Post
Christine Michael looks like an animal, I just hope the football gods smile on him (offensive line) and allow a ray of hope. Although, my eternal optimism was crushed my freshman year when we got curb stomped by UT in the Cotton Bowl...
i think we can probably both agree that we wish Franchione was still at Alabama.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:36 AM   #13
Lee Hoy

Profile:

Boomer Sooner baby!! Today is my third favorite holiday after Christmas and Easter!! ; )

I feel like the drought is over and life is beginning again in central Texas.

One thing I like about Crossfit, it helps me put up with Texas Longhorns whining every year.

Lee
Old 09-03-2009, 11:38 AM   #14
Evan Keller

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Hoy View Post
Boomer Sooner baby!! Today is my third favorite holiday after Christmas and Easter!! ; )

I feel like the drought is over and life is beginning again in central Texas.

One thing I like about Crossfit, it helps me put up with Texas Longhorns whining every year.

Lee
Sorry, but you are dead to me. The only schools I hate more than ou are Tech and Ohio State.... Even as an Aggie I will root for t.u. before ou....
Old 09-03-2009, 12:32 PM   #15
Paul Sousa

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kerce View Post
how's the atmosphere at a BC game? It has to be hard to draw tons of fans with playing second fiddle to the Sox, Pats, Celtics, Bruins.
It's okay. The students have a good time, but most of the alumni looks like they are heading to the yacht club after the game. If you don't need to be drunk and crazy it is a fun time, but otherwise you may want to pass. The best part though is heading to the Eagles Deli after or before the game. They have monster burgers and it's a cool place. Their biggest is the Eagle Deli challenge. 5lbs of beef, 20 slices of cheese, 20 strips of bacon, 5lbs of fries and a drink. If you can finish in under an hour they'll name it after you.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:48 PM   #16
Lee Hoy

Profile:

Now you are the first Aggie I have met to dislike OU. Usually we always agree on hating UT. Of course, with the unmentionable spankings we have placed on the Aggies, I can understand the feelings.

I do root for A&M as long as they are not playing OU.

My schools I despise include UT, Ohio State (well, whole big 10 is some seriously boring football), Miami, and Notre Dame (wonder how NBC loves being stuck with such a crappy team on TV EVERY week).
Old 09-03-2009, 01:16 PM   #17
Ryan Hoegner

Profile:

go buckeyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-03-2009, 01:45 PM   #18
Evan Keller

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Hoy View Post
Now you are the first Aggie I have met to dislike OU. Usually we always agree on hating UT. Of course, with the unmentionable spankings we have placed on the Aggies, I can understand the feelings.

I do root for A&M as long as they are not playing OU.

My schools I despise include UT, Ohio State (well, whole big 10 is some seriously boring football), Miami, and Notre Dame (wonder how NBC loves being stuck with such a crappy team on TV EVERY week).
So what youre saying is, youve never actually met an Aggie...

Why do you hate Tennessee? That is really random...

At least we can agree on our mutual hatred of Notre Dame and those God forsaken buckeyes. I had to live in Ohio for 4 years, and they were the worst years of my life... Their fans are so over the top annoying (read: worse that Techtards) that I began rooting for Michigan just to spite them, but that has now grown into a genuine love of the Maze and Blue.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:28 PM   #19
Tom Woodside

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Keller View Post
I didn't even bother buying a sports pass this year... After 5 years of watching my beloved Aggies **** away seasons that show any promise I cannot take it anymore. I am going to sit on my couch and watch them on tv so I can turn it off when it gets embarrasing. Congratulations "ennis" Franchione, even after leaving you are still breaking me.... Now I can watch my second love, the Michigan Wolverines, wait.... FML...
As a Texas fan I can say that I am glad that Franchione is gone from a&m, too. We couldn't beat that S.O.B.! Glad you fired him.

Hook 'em Horns!
Old 09-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #20
Michael Henry

Profile:

See Avatar, pay no attention to the location...

GEAUX TIGERS!!

Yeah I'm glad to finally be out of the black hole of sports that lasts between the end of the NBA Finals to the start the College Football Season. I can start watching Sportscenter again!