CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 11-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #51
Mike Doehla

Profile:
Re: Wall Timer Testing for Again Faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan McNamar View Post
Don't time to read the whole thread but I'm in the market for a second clock. Two functions I need:

The ability to do stuff on the minute or two min or 3 min....... My MDUSA clock can't do this. I want #X of work periods Y in length with zero rest.

The ability to do different length work rest count downs. We have a great format of:

12:00 AMRAP - triplet
a
b
c
6:00 Rest

6:00 AMRAP - couplet
d
e
3:00 Rest

3:00 AMRAP - single movement
Almost always burpees

Each AMRAP the movements get less complex, lighter and easier to hold form and keep intensity high. Great structure.
also in the market. I do a lot of EMOM stuff and would love something that could support that
Old 03-20-2014, 03:45 PM   #52
Jeremy Lockhart

Profile:
Re: Wall Timer Testing for Again Faster

After utilizing this clock for a few months some obvious pros and cons can be noted of the Again Faster clock. The addition of this clock at the gym was welcomed by many because of its size and obvious features over our older, smaller digital clock.

Pros:
-Big Display. Numbers can be read from a bit further provided the glare isn't there
-Tabata button has been used countless of times and proved very helpful
-Simple setup instructions made it easy to program work/rest pieces
-Countdown on programmed workouts were very helpful as well
-Looks very modern and cool

Cons:
-Biggest flaw in the design is the glare. Many clients cannot see time from different angles
-Blue numbers can sometimes be harder to read than red
-Beeping needs to be louder. Our old clock can be heard over music while the AF clock's beep is too low.
-Remote has a short distance which sometimes causes trouble to get workout started from different angles in our larger size gym.

Overall this is a good product. The size is perfect and programmed features are very helpful especially the Tabata timer. The biggest issue is the glare problem from overhead lights or sun coming in off of glass/Plexiglas on top of numbers display. Our gym is in SoCal and we have 3 rollup doors so the glare can be pretty bad at times. In a gym with less exposure this may not be as big of a factor. Second biggest concern is beeper noise. Maybe for future versions have a louder one or an option to increase volume?

Thank you for the opportunity to test out this new product, we look forward to more great products from AF in the future. Especially that abmat rash guard!