CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 04-12-2012, 11:51 PM   #41
Phil Imbusch

Profile:
Re: Rogue Jump Rope

I've been using the Rogue Rope for a couple of months now and have to say its hands down the best rope I have ever used. It is lightning fast and the rope has just the right weight ...that beeing said, it is already starting to fray at the middle point, even though I have been literally only jumping on rubber.

Does rogue offer replacements? does anyone know?
Old 04-13-2012, 05:24 AM   #42
Justin Karls

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Imbusch View Post
I've been using the Rogue Rope for a couple of months now and have to say its hands down the best rope I have ever used. It is lightning fast and the rope has just the right weight ...that beeing said, it is already starting to fray at the middle point, even though I have been literally only jumping on rubber.

I've got the same issue with mine. Still hands down the best rope I've used!
Old 04-13-2012, 07:46 AM   #43
Greg Light

Profile:

Quote:

They sell replacement cables on their site. They are $12 or so for 5 cables with free shipping (US). I typically go through about 10 replacement cables a year as I jump rope a good amount and most of it is on concrete. Just think of them as a product with a limited life.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:59 AM   #44
Richie Korn

Profile:

I bought 4 Rogue ropes at the Arnold this year. Love the handles but, because we use them mostly on concrete the rubber coating is getting chewed up. Not sure if there is a better option or just the nature of the beast. Still my favorite rope tho.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #45
Molly Metz

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Korn View Post
I bought 4 Rogue ropes at the Arnold this year. Love the handles but, because we use them mostly on concrete the rubber coating is getting chewed up. Not sure if there is a better option or just the nature of the beast. Still my favorite rope tho.
Visit www.jumpNrope.com for more durable and cost effective coated wire. We test new wire and the vinyl coated wires WILL wear out fast, and often on the first use. Please always look what type of coating is used on the jump rope you purchase. I recommend no vinyl coating.

PS: a long handle is only a stepping stone/tool to a standard length handle. It aids in the process of learning to flick your wrists, it will only weigh you down, tire you out in the long run. Good luck with your doubles everyone and keep jumping!
Old 04-13-2012, 09:56 AM   #46
James Orr

Profile:

Hey Molly, I don't remember which discussion it was in, but you recommended the training rope from JumpNRope, and I LOVE it.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #47
Molly Metz

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Orr View Post
Hey Molly, I don't remember which discussion it was in, but you recommended the training rope from JumpNRope, and I LOVE it.
James - I love the trainer rope too. When i am not competing I am using the R2 trainer, it provides the most control and just enough weight. Thanks for the comment, our patented technology was created for a reason and we value our products. Keep Jumping!
Old 04-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #48
Molly Metz

Profile:

Quote:

Visit www.jumpNrope.com for more durable and cost effective coated wire. We test new wire and the vinyl coated wires WILL wear out fast, and often on the first use. Please always look what type of coating is used on the jump rope you purchase. I recommend no vinyl coating. (jumpNrope does not carry vinyl coating because of this..)

Keep jumping!