CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 02-02-2012, 02:00 PM   #21
Thomas Baker

Profile:
Re: Rogue Jump Rope

Update: still using it and under fatigue, it is a gem. As stated earlier, I feel in tune when I am jumping and can slow and speed up easily, unlike other ropes.

Been having people test it out here and they love it too.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:30 AM   #22
John Dunlap

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hollister View Post
circulated it among folk at the box today. A couple people love it and have probably already bought one. I haven't quite acclimated to it. I replaced the cable w/ the AF RevX bare steel cable and so far I like that a LOT more. That said, a couple people preferred the standard red cable. Although I had to steal the little ring off another rope as the one that came w/ the Rogue rope wouldn't screw in tight enough to secure the bare steel cable.

I think I've frankensteined my ideal rope. We'll see. So far I'm still a bit more efficient w/ the AF rope, mainly b/c that's what I'm used to. We'll see how things shape out.

Everyone was impressed w/ how much the handle spun on the bearings though.

I know you check these boards Bill. That's why I've been leaving detailed feedback. Thanks for striving for improvement.
I just got mine yesterday and have pretty much the same impressions. If I could combine the Rogue handles with a lighter cable like the one on the Revolution, I'm pretty sure I would have the perfect jump rope. I absolutely LOVE the turning mechanism. It just feels really smooth. The cable definitely feels heavier than the Rev and I felt my arms getting fatigued after about 70 consecutive D/U's where I usually don't feel that until closer to 100.

Damn good rope for $22. Much better than the Rx Ropes in my opinion and a good competitor to the Revolution.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:19 AM   #23
Justin Karls

Profile:

By far the best rope that I've used! I started with the standard speed rope and never really went far in connecting DU's. I bought a RX'd rope with a buff cable awhile back when Rogue first started carrying them and my DU's improved drastically. You do however get fatigued with that rope but I could always connect DU's with it.

I just got my Rogue SR-1 yesterday and started playing with it and was impressed to say the least! Did today's mainsite WOD and had over a full minute PR! Not saying that there aren't some other reasons for the PR; however, the rope drastically improved my DU's during the WOD.

Awesome rope!
Old 02-03-2012, 10:35 AM   #24
Ron Murray

Profile:

I picked one up as I needed a new rope anyhow. I have had a Rev rope since the first came out and I have enjoyed it. I ran out of replacement cables and decided what the heck.

I really dislike the super mega huge uber large handles. Like it really disrupts my doubles. I am used to using the thumb grip and it is hard to maintain with this new Rogue rope. Also the amount of force this thing pulls is insane, the rope gets very heavy around the 75-100 mark.

Still a very high quality build. The bearings and handles pack some intense smoothness. The cable is very HD.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #25
Kevin Carey

Profile:

What cable weight are you folks using? I can currently string together 10-15 DUs with an AF Rev rope and 15-25 with a Buddy Lee.

I'm thinking the Buff Cable would be the best for me at this point, but am wondering if it would be better to just get the elite since I am right at threshold. Is there that much of a fatigue difference using the buff cable or am I better off using the heavier cable with better feel?
Old 02-04-2012, 07:57 AM   #26
Alan Siebuhr

Profile:

I'm thinking of buying a new rope, but I'd like to figure out a good one for my height (5'5"). Any good ideas?
Old 02-05-2012, 08:42 AM   #27
Ron Murray

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Siebuhr View Post
I'm thinking of buying a new rope, but I'd like to figure out a good one for my height (5'5"). Any good ideas?
most speed ropes found on CrossFit gear specific sites can be adjusted by making cuts.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #28
Kevin Carey

Profile:

I just got my RX Rope with buff cable about 15 minutes ago, and it is great!!! The first thing I noticed when I took it out of the packaging is that the cable has NO memory. Both Again Faster and Buddy Lee ropes maintain waves or kinks to a certain extent, but this thing is absolutely memory free. No memory in the cable makes the length true and the rope takes a good shape as I jump. The weight of the buff cable is definitely harder to turn, but it's what they recommends for my ability level (average 10-20 unbroken DUs). I'm not looking for high rep DUs, but would like to be able to do 50 unbroken consistently to get through WODs. When I get to that level with this cable weight, it will be a marked increase in conditioning for sure.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #29
Mike Hollister

Profile:

I've been putting the rogue rope to work since I got it. I'm okay when fresh, but when I get tired the DUs fall apart. I even quit on a set at the end of a workout b/c I just couldn't string any together. This has never happened to me before. I can do 100 in a row and normally even when I'm tired I can put together 30 or without a ton of effort.

I'm going to try it a few more times. I just can't find the rhythm w/ the long handles. I may try another cable or something. I really thought I'd like it from the design but it's not translating to performance very well.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:30 PM   #30
Ron Murray

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hollister View Post
I've been putting the rogue rope to work since I got it. I'm okay when fresh, but when I get tired the DUs fall apart. I even quit on a set at the end of a workout b/c I just couldn't string any together. This has never happened to me before. I can do 100 in a row and normally even when I'm tired I can put together 30 or without a ton of effort.

I'm going to try it a few more times. I just can't find the rhythm w/ the long handles. I may try another cable or something. I really thought I'd like it from the design but it's not translating to performance very well.
I really hate the handles now after a week+ with the rope. We programmed ANNIE today, I'm used to maintaining a nice thumb grip on other ropes, it's almost impossible for me to do that for long periods with this rope.