CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 06-25-2011, 10:40 PM   #21
Andrew Bell

Profile:
Re: Inov 8 question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Tarasevich View Post
Inov-8 sneakers suck. I cannot say enough bad things about them.
Really? I am not one to take sides at all, I gave me pair away for free, but I'm curious as to why you are so dead against them?
Old 06-26-2011, 12:26 AM   #22
James Rios

Profile:

Quote:
Inov-8 sneakers suck. I cannot say enough bad things about them.
wait wut? please explain.
my 230s are the greatest shoe i've ever found. however i dont buy many shoes. if you have a better suggestion im all ears...
Old 06-26-2011, 01:06 AM   #23
Gary Butterfield

Profile:

I've been putting some thought into some Inov8's, they are a very good looking shoe and functional too. I wear Vibram Fivefinger Treksports, I absolutely love them, ran my first marathon about 6 weeks ago and wore them, sub4 hours!!

I think I'm gonna wait though and see what the reviews of the new Reebok:CrossFit shoe that's due to come out soon say. It looks pretty cool I must say, and it's a very similar design to the Inov8 shoes.

What's everyone elses views?
Old 06-26-2011, 06:00 AM   #24
Matthew Vesey

Profile:

Quote:
I think I'm gonna wait though and see what the reviews of the new Reebok:CrossFit shoe that's due to come out soon say.
Isn't the Reebok shoe supposed to come out like December 2011 or later? I would personally stick with looking for Inov-8. They are awesome in every aspect aside from Rope climbs.
Age:24, Height: 5'10, Weight: 180, 5km Row: 17:15.3, 500m Row:1:23.6, BS: 440, DL:540, Press: 205:My Log(WFS)
Old 06-26-2011, 06:13 AM   #25
Gary Butterfield

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Vesey View Post
Isn't the Reebok shoe supposed to come out like December 2011 or later? I would personally stick with looking for Inov-8. They are awesome in every aspect aside from Rope climbs.
No idea when they are due to come out mate, I just know it's meant to be sometime this year, maybe next. To be fair I'm in no rush to replace my sweaty Vibrams just yet, I love them too much and they've got plenty more miles left in them, and I love lifting in them! I'll have a look when I need to replace them, obviously my choice will depend on when they need replacing, if the Reeboks aren't out in time then I'll swoop for some Inov8's, we'll have to see.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:03 AM   #26
Randy Tarasevich

Profile:

My reasons why Inov-8's can suck my ballsack:

1. Overpriced - I usually where Asics XC sneaks for half the price. A good running shoe does not have to be $100.

2. Goofy toe box - my feet don't naturally taper to elves' feet and curl up in the front. They are not a natural design, for me. I have wide feet.

3. They are very uncomfortable - I have never had foot pain the way I do since I've gotten these shoes, and I've had shoes this minimal before (see #1). I'm actually starting to loose my arch. Disclaimer - I know my running form can be better, but I've run half-marathons in track flats with less pain.

4. They ****ing stink - I wear many sneaks with no socks and never, in my life, have I ever had sneaks that smelled this bad. They are rancid.

5. Sub-par quality - The cheesy rubber spray paint they put on the overly small toe box is flaking right off. Why is it there anyways? It does nothing and serves no discernible purpose. The tip of the sole is also separating from the mesh on the toe box.

That's my beef with them.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:46 AM   #27
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Quote:
2. Goofy toe box - my feet don't naturally taper to elves' feet and curl up in the front. They are not a natural design, for me. I have wide feet.

4. They ****ing stink - I wear many sneaks with no socks and never, in my life, have I ever had sneaks that smelled this bad. They are rancid.

5. Sub-par quality - The cheesy rubber spray paint they put on the overly small toe box is flaking right off. Why is it there anyways? It does nothing and serves no discernible purpose. The tip of the sole is also separating from the mesh on the toe box.

That's my beef with them.
I agree with these above. The fit is VERY euro (not suprising with where they are made) and while I do not have a wide foot, they just don't feel right for me either.

As for the fit and finish, TOTALLY overpriced. Not much is built into these things so I would expect a price of around $69 at most for them. I see a TON of shoes at my job, all the latest and greatest from top teir brands and for $100 they just don't make the cut.

Those Asic's look sweet. Might have to pick a pair up.

Reason I asked about your reasons is you are the only other person I've heard of (besides myself) who didn't really care for them.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:45 PM   #28
Randy Tarasevich

Profile:

Guess how much the Reebok CF sneaks will be? $100. It's the price point the CF community is willing to shell out (in general) for training shoes (running, Oly, etc.).
Old 06-27-2011, 01:13 PM   #29
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Quote:
Guess how much the Reebok CF sneaks will be? $100. It's the price point the CF community is willing to shell out (in general) for training shoes (running, Oly, etc.).
Of course, why do you think RBK wanted in so bad? This gives them quick exposure into a market of people who are willing to pay up to (in some cases) $200 per month in gym memberships. Talk about disposable income, who wouldn't want to capitalize on that?

I just hope the shoe is solid. I have seen prototypes and like what I see. It does look more soild than Innov8's, but not $100 still IMHO. That's the CF name and nothing else that would make it worth it. That is the great thing about our socity though, if people are willing to pay it......
Old 06-27-2011, 02:43 PM   #30
Gary Butterfield

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bell View Post
I agree with these above. The fit is VERY euro
May I ask what you mean by the fit is very "Euro"??