CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 11-17-2010, 04:36 AM   #21
Kevin Bean

Profile:
Re: The Kettlebell King Issue

To be fair. The rest of my order arrived on Monday. Unlike Tim, my experience with the shippers R&L was very positive.

KBK has since emailed me apologizing for all of this and has some offerings to retain me as a customer. We shall see.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:52 AM   #22
Tim Squires

Profile:

I too received some apologetic emails from Bert. Assuming my order is completed soon, I will most likely order from him again.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:34 PM   #23
Kent Limson

Profile:

Wanted to post an update on my Kettle Bell King order. After placing my order on November 1st I received my order today November 22nd as described. In the interim I had called and talked to Bert a few times about updates on my order as I am not so good about waiting . I found Bert to be very helpful and each time I called he would follow up with the vendor (Troy) that he was working with then give me an update. I snapped a few pics of the items I got along with truck as it was dropping them off at my place. I ordered the Troy VTX colored bumpers and Troy kettlebells. My initial impressions are as follows: ( I'll probably have more to say as I put them through WOD's over the next few months)

Troy VTX Bumpers: Aesthetically the colors I think are awesome, that combined with the price for solid steel insert bumpers I thought it was the best bang for my buck for colored bumpers. The bumpers arrived in boxes individually wrapped and in perfect condition. I did a few clean and jerks with the 45's, 35ís and 25's and they seem to dead blow with only moderate bounce.

Troy Kettlebells: I bought the 35, 45, 55, 70lbs bells and they also arrived in individually wrapped boxes. They have black paint that will hold chalk and a light texture on the handles. All the kettle bells were in perfect condition except for the 45lb kettle bell. The top of the handle already had its paint chipping off and the underside of the handle had noticeable ridges instead of being smooth like the others. After about 20 swings with the 45lb kettle bell it was already starting to tear away at the calluses on my hand. Prehaps this is a matter of a "you get what you pay for" situation but it is frustrating all the same.

All in all I would say that the delivery of my order was timely and service from Bert was great. I would recommend just calling though as I did as it seemed to the be the best way to get the quickest response. As for the Troy items I am satisfied with everything except for the 45lb kettlebell for reasons noted above and I would do business with Bert and KBK again...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Truck.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	7237  Click image for larger version

Name:	Cart.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	7238  Click image for larger version

Name:	KB set.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	7239  Click image for larger version

Name:	kettle bell paint chipping.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	7240  Click image for larger version

Name:	VTX 1.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	7241  

Old 12-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #24
Aaron Gainer

Profile:

Yet again having issues with The Kettlebell King. Sometimes I wonder how Bert stays in business with the lack of communication. He did this with my bumper order earlier in the year, but gave me an upgrade for the long wait which was fine.

Now I am waiting on kettlebells and its been almost a month with no tracking number nor an email response back to my inquiry about my order. If something is out of stock, let the customer know instead of doing nothing. The more you upset your current base of customers, the less you will have in the future. Do the right thing and be upfront with the consumer from the getgo!
Old 12-23-2011, 01:26 PM   #25
William Hoke

Profile:

Yeah, I have had problems as well. In the fall of 2010 I ordered some kettlebells and a bar, ended up not needing the bar so a credit was applied to my account. Long story short, it's real hard to redeem a credit when you can never get a hold of the owner to apply it to anything.

As far as the issues coming up, I can completely understand, however, I am not the one who decided to open up a business and if I did I wouldn't let simple tasks fall to the wayside. Since then I have completely given up on the KBK and ordered my Rogue Bar and have loved it ever since and try constantly to put KBK out of my mind. IMO Rogue is a little expensive, but Bill and his team have been absolutely outstanding with anything I have ordered from them and THAT is how loyalty is built.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:37 PM   #26
Kevin Bowman

Profile:

You can either pay just for a product
Or pay a little more for product AND service.

I am more than willing to pay a little more for a product to support a company who understands what Customer Service should mean.

Old 12-23-2011, 02:56 PM   #27
Jose Sanchez

Profile:

I hope I recieve my equipment soon. I order 2 standard bars, a needle bearing bar, and 260lbs vtx bumpers. Its only going to be 4 weeks on monday since I placed my order. I sent emails out to them regarding my order, no response. Decided to call last week and got to speak to Bert, he said it should be going out this week. I figured with the black friday/cyber monday deals it would be a longer wait then normal.

Last edited by Jose Sanchez : 12-23-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:43 PM   #28
Doug Lowry

Profile:

Unbelievable hearing these stories. I ordered a full pallet of equipment from Rogue during their busy black Friday/Holiday season and it was delivered to my door in a week.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:15 PM   #29
Patrick Scott

Profile:

My brother ordered a pair of the Troy VTX 25lb bumpers, the yellow ones I believe. About a week later (6 business days) no bumpers, so he called them up. They said they were on back order and would ship out as soon as they arrived, which they said would be a day or two. Another 5 business days, no bumpers, so he called again but this time, no answer. 5 days later, the bumpers showed up. It seems like it's just poor customer service. I'm sure Bert's a nice guy and has been busy w/ family and all, believe me, I know how it goes...but Next time, Rogue, HammerHead or AF will get my (or anyone else I know) business.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:27 AM   #30
Tim Nakashima

Profile:

I had a similar experience. 800lbs of bumpers... 1 month, nothing. No returned emails x 3. Called Bert, he said the were on back order. I told him good customer service would have been an email or a phone call letting me know. He said he would give me a discount to make up for it on my next order.

My next order went to Fringesport who has GREAT customer service. Ordered on cyber Monday and delivered 2 weeks later. Alex let me know it would be a week longer than normal due to their stock being depleted and that it would come direct from Troy (VTX bumpers). I would highly recommend them.