CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 11-13-2009, 02:39 AM   #41
Timothy D. Christian

Profile:
Re: ROGUE Tactical Sandbag Review

Wow!

First awesome job on the bags bill. Im glad he decided to make a similar design, as 1 josh's customer service is absolutely terrible. I emailed them about a bag, and it took them two weeks to get back to me. Every time I have emailed bill or anyone at rogue it was 24 hours or less.

Second, its a sandbag for gods sake. Not exactly something you can patent. Nor can you patent how to open or close a sandbag. I will say the filler bags are probably a no no for rogue, but jesus competition is what drives industry. Also Rogue took a product, made it better in every way, lowered the price, and added INCREDIBLE customer service that rogue is known for, personally I would take that every day of the week.

Guys rogues equipment is top notch, incredibly durable(usually overkill and bombproof) and he is always pleasant to speak with, and if you have any problems he does whatever he can to fix it.

He puts his phone number out so people can talk to him personally, not have a flame war on a message board. I would really hate to see the good name of Rogue tarnished on a crossfit message board when he has done so much for crossfit itself, especially over him taking something, and making it better.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:21 AM   #42
Matt Payne

Profile:

Quality and Service are critcal to success in any business. Rogue consistently is "best in class" as most have been saying. Keep up the great work guys.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:48 AM   #43
Louis Andre Pardo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Thomas View Post
Are you a patent lawyer?
I am not a dentist but I know how to brush my teeth...not sure what the point is?

While I am not a patent lawyer I do know that there can be no patent violation if the product in question was not protected by a patent. I assumed that no one got a patent for a bag...that holds sand....and has handles. If my assumption is correct then this thread is about 4 pages longer than it needs to be.

Was the product patented?
Old 11-13-2009, 06:03 PM   #44
Justin Z. Smith

Profile:

I just bought a medium sandbag from Rogue. This thread brought them to my attention.

Thanks!

Justin
Old 11-15-2009, 07:37 PM   #45
Brian Russell

Profile:

I am going to be purchasing a Rogue bag in the very near future, but am wondering what the dimensions are on each bag. I will most likely get the medium bag, but am still curious on the different sizes? Anyone have the figures? Thanks
Old 11-15-2009, 08:38 PM   #46
Jeremy Galo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Russell View Post
I am going to be purchasing a Rogue bag in the very near future, but am wondering what the dimensions are on each bag. I will most likely get the medium bag, but am still curious on the different sizes? Anyone have the figures? Thanks
My measurements are as follows for the medium sandbag:

Bag itself:
27" long
8" diameter (it's kind of like a cylinder)

Medium filler bag:
21.5" by 9" (flat)
21.5" by 8" (filled with sand)

Large filler bag:
32" by 11" (flat)
32" by 10" (filled with sand)

Hope that helps
Old 11-15-2009, 08:47 PM   #47
Brian Russell

Profile:

Helps a lot! Thanks!
Old 11-15-2009, 08:50 PM   #48
Jeremy Galo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Russell View Post
Helps a lot! Thanks!
No problem. Those are just what I measured. They're somewhat approximate measurements since the bags aren't exactly rigid

But yeah, maybe Bill can give you more official numbers if he sees this.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:55 PM   #49
Brian Russell

Profile:

What you gave was fine. I just wanted a rough idea of what size it would be. Thanks again. I cannot wait to get one haha
Old 07-18-2010, 01:17 PM   #50
Matt Everhart

Profile:

I bet there were really some teeth grinding after the CF Games this weekend and all of Bill's sandbags getting tossed every which way.

I was looking for comments on Rogue's sandbags and I can safely say that they look better than those produced at Henkin's shop. I say that because it appears that the Henkin product is nylon? I don't know because I can't find anywhere on the site where it talks about specs or dimensions or anything else other than weight capacity. I'm just judging by the picture and the shiny material looks like a nylon - I'm not saying that's inferior, per se, but I would certainly TRUST 1000D Cordura and heavy stitching over a nylon bag any day.

THAT, in and of itself, to me says "improvement" or better mousetrap.

What appears to have been lost by Josh on this thread earlier this year is that "military spec" isn't the BAG being made to military specifications, but rather the MATERIAL and the ENGINEERING is as the military WOULD specify in a MOLLE pack or anything else were they to have someone make it.

There IS a defined minimum the military has for gear that is going to carry a load and all Bill is saying on his product is that his construction of this bag at least meets that minimum.

Even if the design were copied to the stitch, improving upon it is the American way. If Henkin can't keep up with the demand, insists on having his products made in China, or doesn't want to change the material, ROGUE has every right to move on and make the product that meets THEIR requirements and business model (i.e. Made in the USA and constructed to military specifications).

Fin