CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 04-12-2008, 12:12 PM   #21
Carlos Cristan

Profile:
Re: Bumper Confusion

UPDATE!!
Just got my plates yesterday. I attended a unit function, and when I got home that afternoon they were waiting on me. I gotta say these things are solid. I immediately loaded up the bar and knocked out a few shoulder press and deadlifts. Then I sumo-ed and dropped just to test the bounce and the sound of dropping the weight. I was very pleased. They don't bounce all crazy like I see in most of WOD videos, and the sound wasn't too bad either. I dropped 90 kilos of bumpers plus about 20 kilos in iron and it wasn't too loud, and this is with just 3/8" of rubber flooring. The best part of the whole experience had to be the customer service. I initially ordered 10kg and 15kg in colored bumpers, and after contacting Glenn when my bumpers didn't arrive when I thought they would, he told me they were out of stock and couldn't say when he'd be getting more. Anyways long story short, I got 15kg and 20kg high temp bumpers for the price of 10kg and 15kg colored bumpers and was discounted the difference for the delay. I'll probably be ordering 25kg and 10kg high temp bumpers from Glenn on monday.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:56 PM   #22
Matthew Lasater

Profile:

I have the Hi-Temp 10 and 15lbs bumper plates. They are the same size of a iron 35lbs plate.

The only time I ever use just the 10's or 15's on the bar is all overhead work (i.e. push press, thrusters etc....) so the size difference doesnt matter to me and when I drop them they are fine and have held up great over the last 2 years.

Hope that helps.... I also just ordered mine straight from Hi-Temp. Had to wait awhile but they were moving manufacturing plants and I ordered 440lbs worth of plates.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:52 AM   #23
Chad Skola

Profile:

I ordered my stuff from glen last sunday and I got my bar on thursday and still have not seen my bumpers. Do you think UPS lost them? I only had 1 tracking number. Maybe I will double check on it and call Glen on Monday. The bar is awesome though. I really like the knurling on it. I don't see slipping being a problem with it.

I know what it is. I bet the plates ship freight and the bar was the tracking number. he does say he cannot give exact times for delivery with freight.
70in/150#Go to my website to make a donation to a young 13 year old. Your donation will help make living with Cerebral Palsy a little bit easier. His name is Dax and his story can be found from my site also.

Last edited by Chad Skola : 04-13-2008 at 12:54 AM. Reason: to answer my own question
Old 04-13-2008, 08:03 AM   #24
Carlos Cristan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Skola View Post
I ordered my stuff from glen last sunday and I got my bar on thursday and still have not seen my bumpers. Do you think UPS lost them? I only had 1 tracking number. Maybe I will double check on it and call Glen on Monday. The bar is awesome though. I really like the knurling on it. I don't see slipping being a problem with it.

I know what it is. I bet the plates ship freight and the bar was the tracking number. he does say he cannot give exact times for delivery with freight.
Exactly! The plates are freight, I checked daily for a tracking feature on my order confirmation, and three days later they were on my doorstep. Im sure you'll be getting them pretty soon. That is, of course, if you ordered the high temps.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:50 PM   #25
Christian Sciarrino

Profile:

Attention Crossfitters: If anyone is looking for a deal on Ivanko Bumpers email me.

Last edited by Lynne Pitts : 12-14-2008 at 07:48 AM. Reason: AUP
Old 04-13-2008, 11:45 PM   #26
Steve Ericson

Profile:

Carlos,
Do those Hi Temps from Glenn have brass inserts?
Old 04-14-2008, 09:58 AM   #27
Carlos Cristan

Profile:

No brass inserts on Glenn's bumpers. I believe their steel, and their inset so they don't protrude and the bumpers flush up very nicely. I'm very happy with these.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:54 PM   #28
Steve Ericson

Profile:

Hey Carlos if you are out there would you mind posting a picture of Glennís bumpers (assuming you have the ability to), I am considering ordering some from him but the picture on his website is hard to make out.

Thanks, Steve
Old 04-23-2008, 11:40 PM   #29
Chris Robinson

Profile:

The black bumpers sold by Glenn are made by Hi-Temp. Here's a link to Hi-Temp's site that shows the bumpers in better detail: http://www.hitemp.biz/rubber_weights.html (wfs). Also check out the pictures at http://www.thegaragegymstore.storebu...ge/4712330.htm (wfs).
Old 04-24-2008, 06:53 AM   #30
Armin Heravi

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Cristan View Post
No brass inserts on Glenn's bumpers. I believe their steel, and their inset so they don't protrude and the bumpers flush up very nicely. I'm very happy with these.
Can someone clarify? I got the CF package from Glenn, and I'm almost certain they're brass inserts (they're yellow). Is the issue the softness of brass--regarding long-term durability?

I'm not ****ed or anything, just wondering. Basically, I'm sure while I ordered from Glenn (needed the bar as well), the bumpers were drop-shipped from Wright.