CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 03-08-2007, 08:17 AM   #41
Arden Cogar Jr.

Profile:
here's me trying to show what my place looks like as of Monday this week. Still under construction. No electric yet. 30'x40' downstairs, 30'x30' upstairs. Downstairs dedicated to gym and sport. left half for gym, right half for sport. Just moving stuff in as we go. Will get electric the week of the 19th. On gym side we will have the shown power cage and reverse hyper and kettle bells. Not shown are jump boxes, bench, 600lbs of bumpers, 2" axle, 1000lbs of oly weights, vertical leg press, climbing ropes, rings, a few atlas stones, a treadmill etc. I will eventually construct climbing walls and put my tumbling mats all over the place. I also want to get a d model C2 and an elliptical machine - but I've got to save up for both of those. I also intend on having one huge climbing wall on the back wall that goes up 24'. On the right side I'll have sawing stands, chopping stands, and places to put my equipment. At the very back, I can cut two board springboards. One step at a time. Should be cool by the end of this month.

all the best,
Arden

http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/26/37777.jpghttp://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/26/37778.jpghttp://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/26/37779.jpghttp://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/26/37780.jpg
Old 03-08-2007, 08:54 AM   #42
James Besenyei

Profile:
WOW Arden! Looks like the place is going to be a mecca....love the b-ball hoop and the fact that you'll have a 24' climbing wall. Very nice.

--Jim.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:59 PM   #43
Dennis Barrett

Profile:
Arden, thats incredible! How many members are you planning to have!
Old 03-09-2007, 12:34 AM   #44
Norm Rager

Profile:
http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/26/37814.jpg
Old 03-09-2007, 07:28 AM   #45
Arden Cogar Jr.

Profile:
Thanks Dennis and James,
No real members other than my wife, daughters, and family members who want to work out. Ocassionally, might get a visitor a three. I know that Pfister plan's on bringing his son out to play while he and I goof off (our kids go to school together). Mostly axemen and the ocassional silly strongman. Phil talked about John Brookfield wanting to come out a few weeks ago. That would be cooler than cool. Guy's a legend in strength sports.

We'll see. All I know is that I'm a long way for getting it ready. It's totally sparse rightn ow.

All the best,
Arden
Old 03-09-2007, 04:48 PM   #46
James Besenyei

Profile:
John Brookfield is indeed a legend... and I think that Phil calling his shot while in the middle of performing a Hercules Hold has to be one of the greatest moments in WSM history, well now it is since he won!!!! I can't imagine the BBQ's you have at your house in the summer!!!

--Jim.

(Message edited by jbes on March 09, 2007)
Old 03-11-2007, 11:55 AM   #47
Dennis Barrett

Profile:
James, I was rereading the beginning of this thread and saw where you mentioned losing access to a Gravitron machine. If you look at the loop of chain hanging inside my squat rack, I use it when WOD's call for high counts of pull ups in repeating sets. I have 8 D/H pull ups and I just started working on kipping, so when three rounds of thirty is called for, I rest one foot in the loop. The reduction in "apparent" body weight lets me keep good form and get the higher reps. On the last half of the second set and the third, I have to start pressing down some with my foot to keep going. I am planning to wean myself off of this, but for now it really helps

Dennis
Old 03-11-2007, 04:20 PM   #48
James Besenyei

Profile:
Good idea Dennis. Right now, I'm getting the garage ready for full time workout status and I've been using a step ladder in much the same way you are using the chain, although the chain appears as if it would require maintaining better form throughout the movement. I have some chain in the garage, I'll attempt to use it in the same manner you describe. Thanks for the tip.

--Jim.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:51 PM   #49
Kevin Hughes

Profile:
Will we see pics of your place too Jim? I've just started on mine, and the ideas in this thread have been great.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:16 PM   #50
James Besenyei

Profile:
Still haven't bought a digital camera Kevin, although I think my wife wants to "look" at them...which means that if someone is giving one away we may get one!!! Seriously, I hope to have a digital camera by the end of the month, and pictures will be forthcoming (if this thread is still around!!!)

--Jim.