CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 03-19-2004, 07:25 AM   #1
Parth Shah

Profile:
I'm taking a creative writing class this year and one of our assignments was to come up with our own holiday and present it in any matter that we chose to. Well, being a fitness junkie I came up with Renegade Weekends, in which the first weekend of each month, you get togather with a bunch of buddies, workout until you puke, than spend the rest of the day lounging around, watching movies, and eating anything you want. I presented my project via powerpoint using pics from crossfit.

Well, I just found out that Crosfit North has something called Suffer on Saturdays. I'm sorry for replicating the idea, but I honestly didn't know about Suffer on Saturdays.

Anyways, I want to slowly make this a reality for myself. My friends are all wussies. Half of them don't even play any sports. So, if anyone is interested in hooking for a monthly workout, and live in NHP, or near NHP, give me an email. If you live in NHP, OR LIVE Near NHP, you know what NHP is, so I won't give anymore details.

Maybe I'll ask my Sensei if he can open up the dojo on a Sunday and we'll do a crossfit workout.

He had even proposed an idea known as Midnight Workouts, where we begin training at Midnight, than keep continuing until morning.
Old 03-19-2004, 10:25 PM   #2
David Werner

Profile:
Brother

We like our "Suffer on Saturday" and have a lot of fun with it but your "Renegade Weekend" is a great idea. Run with it.

If you can't talk people into doing it with you shame them, post the results of those who do it on your blog and mercilesly mock those who bail. Let us know how it goes. Feel free to copy our "Suffer on Saturday" each month if you want. Send me your address and I'll put you on the mailing list, we send out a little post card each month describing the upcoming "Suffering". You could even send us your results and we'll post 'em. Round up a digital camera that will add to the fun.

Dave Werner
Crossfit North
Old 03-19-2004, 11:05 PM   #3
Myron Hensel

Profile:
Hey I did sort of a suffering on last Saturday, 500 pullups but I was wondering if I could get on the mailing list.
Old 03-20-2004, 08:31 PM   #4
David Werner

Profile:
Sure, just e-mail me your mailing address.

Dave Werner
Crossfit North