CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 03-07-2007, 01:01 PM   #1
Garrett Smith

Profile:
These are relatively new additions to the nightshade list of plants, as it seems they have only become widely available relatively recently:

Goji berries
Cape gooseberries

Also, for those of you with low back pain, I thought I'd point out this article, written by a chiropractor, on his results with several patients and the no-nightshade diet--w/f safe: http://noarthritis.com/chiropractic.htm

If you don't know what the nightshades are yet, search this board, look further into www.noarthritis.com , or just google "nightshades arthritis".

Enjoy!
Old 03-07-2007, 02:03 PM   #2
William Hunter

Profile:
That's just too weird Garrett. I just read that chiro article this morning, and printed it out for one of my many arthritic patients. She's unfortunately legally blind with mac. deg. so I told her to have her husband read it to her.

I, of course, knew of the site from your recommendation. Thanks.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:31 PM   #3
Steve Liberati

Profile:
Good stuff, only problem is the few ppl I know (mostly older folks in 50's and 60's) who have arthritis blame it on poor genetics and are deeply convinced Celebrex (or some other Big Pharm narcotic) is the answer to their problem. Mention nutrition alternatives or nightshades to them, and they look at you like your a 10 yr old trying to partake in an adult conversation. "This is a serious matter, let's keep the nutrition advice at the kiddies table" Please.

Big Pharma and the medical community at large (Dr. G being the exception) have most ppl brainwashed...its sad.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:47 PM   #4
Becca Borawski

Profile:
My mother has had lower back problems, arthritis, and some of the other issues listed on the noarthritis website, like psoriasis -- I sent her the link and suggested she watch her nightshades (my family is Italian, so there's plenty of tomato intake!) and she was very receptive to it because the articles so mirrored her experiences.