CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 06-03-2015, 09:49 AM   #61
Jason A Smith

Profile:
Re: comprehensive barbell list 2015

So here is the final scoop with my bar. They will not replace it only repair it, which to me is OK I guess. The problem for me is that they will not cover shipping costs from my home and only in the US (which I understand, but now with MDCAN being defunct not sure what other option I would have).

Regardless, this thing is less than two years old and is already showing some signs of issues. I have been overall very happy with it minus this hiccup. Sending it away for repair means I will be out a bar to train with (properly, my wife has a 15KG Rogue women's bar) for at least two weeks and out whatever it costs me to drive to the border twice, kind of sucks if you ask me.

Thinking long and hard about getting a second bar (for lifting) at this point and maybe selling this thing for a more "Crossfit" style bar, though with the lifetime warranty and durability it should have based on my usage should never have been an issue.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:05 PM   #62
Bryan Selent

Profile:

I'm having a hard enough time getting MDUSA to fix a basic T-Shirt order they messed up on. I can only imagine the headache one would get from trying to get a barbell fixed. As much as I would like to support them, I plan on taking my future business elsewhere.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:13 PM   #63
Joey Allen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason A Smith View Post
So here is the final scoop with my bar. They will not replace it only repair it, which to me is OK I guess. The problem for me is that they will not cover shipping costs from my home and only in the US (which I understand, but now with MDCAN being defunct not sure what other option I would have).

Regardless, this thing is less than two years old and is already showing some signs of issues. I have been overall very happy with it minus this hiccup. Sending it away for repair means I will be out a bar to train with (properly, my wife has a 15KG Rogue women's bar) for at least two weeks and out whatever it costs me to drive to the border twice, kind of sucks if you ask me.

Thinking long and hard about getting a second bar (for lifting) at this point and maybe selling this thing for a more "Crossfit" style bar, though with the lifetime warranty and durability it should have based on my usage should never have been an issue.
That's garbage. That definitely does not sound like a "Lifetime Warranty" to me. That's exactly why Rogue gets 99% of my business. I've had a company send me a new bar and not even have to ship the damaged one back until I receive the new one.. and they paid for all shipping expenses. That is service (that was actually American Barbell, but Rogue also handles issues very quickly).
Old 06-03-2015, 12:46 PM   #64
Jason A Smith

Profile:

Joey,

Maybe they were reading this because they are sending me a replacement and I do not have to ship mine back until I get it, and they will ship to and from my home which is a huge bonus, at their expense.

This to me, is what good customer service looks like. It took a bit but it is getting sorted out as it should.

Very happy about that, will see how things progress.
Old 06-03-2015, 02:29 PM   #65
Cooper Mitchell

Profile:

I have not been able to find a warranty on MDUSA's Competition Plates that I have. If somebody has a link I'd love to see it. There was talk that it was a lifetime warranty, but I'm not so sure now that I can't find anything stating the warranty.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:49 PM   #66
John Burgeson

Profile:

Barbells are the only thing that carry a warranty beyond 30 days.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:39 PM   #67
Joey Allen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason A Smith View Post
Joey,

Maybe they were reading this because they are sending me a replacement and I do not have to ship mine back until I get it, and they will ship to and from my home which is a huge bonus, at their expense.

This to me, is what good customer service looks like. It took a bit but it is getting sorted out as it should.

Very happy about that, will see how things progress.
Glad they're taking care of you Jason. It's no fun having to do without a bar for even a couple weeks..