CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
Lori Harding

Profile:
What exactly is in the process of affiliation?

Hey any and all, I am in the process of also opening up a box and had a couple of questions for those who had done so before me. After you submit your application, and you pass that test, do you immediately pay the affiliation fee? If so, how soon after? Also, before they give the ok, are there other papers or legal documents expected to be submitted for approval before they say, ok, welcome to the CrossFit Affiliate Club? Thanks for any advice or heads up!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:37 PM   #2
Lori Harding

Profile:
Re: What exactly is in the process of affiliation?

Oh and let me say that I did see where you had to have proof of insurance. Is there any other papers that will be needed? Thanks
Old 01-21-2013, 08:55 AM   #3
Bryan Hood

Profile:

Pump your brakes a bit. They'll let you know what they need from you and when they need it. They'll send you an email link for the affiliate dues and they'll send you what exactly they need to see as far as insurance goes. Just sit and breath. Work on logo and website stuff. I wouldn't go spending TONS of money on equipment just yet; unless you find some killer deals. I know it's exciting and everyday you're checking your email but it is a bit of a process nowadays.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:36 AM   #4
Blake Brown

Profile:

Hey Lori, I think it's awesome how excited you are to start an affiliate! I would like to know more about the process myself, I think it's good to know what to expect so you can prepare. I am looking forward to some more affiliate's posting so I can see what the process is like.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #5
Lori Harding

Profile:

Ha! Thanks! I have really been blessed in having a friend that is designing my logo so if the name gets approved and I get affiliate approved, then that's ready to go. I have really been researching before coming to this point in who I will go with in what type of equipment I decide to get, bc I know that it's pointless to purchase any and all pieces that you come across at first. This is about the only thing I haven't seen anyone post. So I was just curious! But yes, I am eager.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:09 PM   #6
Justin M Rote

Profile:

I was thinking of doing the same. Flooring costs are my only major concern. If you get pricing for that I would appreciate it.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:56 PM   #7
Brian Strump

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin M Rote View Post
I was thinking of doing the same. Flooring costs are my only major concern. If you get pricing for that I would appreciate it.
You can't get that for yourself?

Unless your at the same address, cost can differ greatly; including whether you are picking it up or getting a few hundred/thousands of pounds of rubber delivered.