CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #201
Jeff R Tucker

Profile:
Re: Stop Anthos from Taking over CrossFit

Nat - the premise was here are the questions. I gave answers to posed questions. I feel HQ and its leaders will sort this out. Pretty simple really...
Old 07-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #202
Michael Melillo

Profile:

The topic is discussed for about a half an hour at the beginning of this episode of the unrx podcast

http://unrxpodcast.com/post/28287218...anthos-capital (SFW)
Old 07-30-2012, 06:43 PM   #203
Nathan Holmes

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff R Tucker View Post
Nat - the premise was here are the questions. I gave answers to posed questions. I feel HQ and its leaders will sort this out. Pretty simple really...
Jeff,

I don't want to argue semantics, but saying "Let me tell you where I stand" is not a question; it is a sentence informing me that you are about to tell me more.

As for the meat of your arguent, I think you are right that HQ will sort this out. The problem is, they asked for help. It would appear that they are trying to inspire the Crossfit community as a whole, or more specifically the affiliate owners like yourself, to take action against what they see as an "active threat" to the community. You, on the other hand, are essentially saying the opposite. Which of course, you are free to do. Just realize that it is contrary to what HQ has asked for.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #204
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Gowens View Post
She doesn't want to sell to him. Her motives are up for speculation. So...what if on the other side - you have a business owner who's had a direct involvement in the development and growth of the company from the time it was a wee small squib making the decision to leave the company, after decades of emotional, physical, mental, and educational investment. Her vision for what would be best for the business doesn't coincide with the idea of selling him her half. She does not see that as the best decision for what she's helped build. BOTH Glassmans had a direct hand through the years building this. To say Lauren didn't have a hand would be ludicrous.
Just because she wants to sell, why should she be required to sell to Greg?
No one said she should be required to do anything, but with that said, if her only goal is to cash out why would she not sell to him? Let's say they have a difference on opinion of the direction of the business and that has compelled her to want to leave it. Why, other than for emotional reasons, would she not sell to him and let him do as he will?

I own a business. I used to have a business partner. He decided to leave the business to pursue something else. He offered to let me buy him out and I did so. He did the right thing. I would have done the same.

As for what she did or did not do to build the business I have NO idea. I will say Mr. Glassman has been much more of the public face of the business. That doesn't mean she wasn't heavily involved, but it does mean she made a conscious decision at some point to not be heavily regarded in relation to the business and how it was run in the view of the public.

Anyway, I like CrossFit the way it has thus far evolved. I think the HQ brass know what they are doing. I am not interested in new management from the outside.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #205
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse R james View Post
A failure to get a response to a question indicates...

...you didn't get a response.

If you attach a meaning to a lack of response, you're still just speculating without any actual knowledge.

If I ask you if you like kissing trees at night by the lake and you don't respond, that doesn't mean you do or don't. It doesn't mean anything except you didn't respond back.

You seem to be looking/hoping for her to be vindictive and accept any other sign as "proof" of this.
Let me ask you this, based upon what Mr. Glassman has VERY clearly stated, that he wants to keep things as they are (which she presumably helped to create), what other reason could she possibly have for not wanting to sell to him if she has chosen to cash out?
Old 07-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #206
Jamie Gowens

Profile:

The cool thing about selling in this instance is she has a say about who gets to buy. Maybe she feels like she'd like to sell to someone who more shares her vision than his - to balance him out.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #207
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Gowens View Post
The cool thing about selling in this instance is she has a say about who gets to buy. Maybe she feels like she'd like to sell to someone who more shares her vision than his - to balance him out.
You are an affiliate owner. So, to be clear, you are not happy with the vision Mr. Glassman has promoted and you therefore are backing his wife in the hopes she, or someone she sells to changes things, correct?

If not, your stance makes no sense as your business would likely be directly effected by such a move.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #208
Jeff R Tucker

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Holmes View Post
Jeff,

I don't want to argue semantics, but saying "Let me tell you where I stand" is not a question; it is a sentence informing me that you are about to tell me more.

As for the meat of your arguent, I think you are right that HQ will sort this out. The problem is, they asked for help. It would appear that they are trying to inspire the Crossfit community as a whole, or more specifically the affiliate owners like yourself, to take action against what they see as an "active threat" to the community. You, on the other hand, are essentially saying the opposite. Which of course, you are free to do. Just realize that it is contrary to what HQ has asked for.
nat - fine... i told you where i stand and the community whom i support in my own manner. you like it fine, if not fine. i am not an attorney, nor will i be the one to give advice in legal aspects. nor can i take action other than support for now, what action can you take beyond such? i offer support and love for my community - sorry if that is not enough for you... but i am here for this community and to support the leadership publicly. and i feel that is what HQ - which I am a part is asking for....
Old 07-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #209
Jeff R Tucker

Profile:

or should i have said - let me tell you where i stand?
Old 07-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #210
Nathan Holmes

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff R Tucker View Post
or should i have said - let me tell you where i stand?
Perfect. Now that you put a question mark in there, I completely understand and agree