CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 08-22-2011, 05:14 AM   #1
Joshua Bennett

Profile:
Help

I'm currently doing a contract in the middle east. I only have limited time and equipment. Any suggestions on CF workouts I can do to keep me up to speed. I ordered a jump rope and some rings from Again Faster. Going to try to get at least a kettlebell and maybe some dumbbells. Before I left my DL was 325, BP 255, Clean was 185. I don't want to loose my strength and endurance. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:
Re: Help

Where about will you be? On a military base or will your company be putting you up somewhere?
Old 08-22-2011, 10:14 AM   #3
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:

workout stuff doesn't have to be "workout stuff"... lift, pull, drag, push, flip, throw whatever you can find. rocks, chunks of concrete, water cans, tires, etc... you can also make alot of stuff out of scraps. a large trashbag filled with sand can wear you out quick. set it on your back for pushup, tie around waist for pullups, lift it from ground to overhead, throw it, etc. there is a great resource on this sight that list enough bodyweight workouts to keep you busy for a long time. with a set of rings your upper body with stay plenty strong. keeping your legs strong can be as simple as doing jump squats while wearing your kit followed by some sprinting (not running, sprinting - short and explosive). strength won't disappear overnight, if you are using your muscles for max force production then it will maintain. do explosive powerful moves and you will be fine.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:43 AM   #4
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

+1 sandbags. Overseas we used then for OP sprints and squats. Try and be creative!
Old 08-23-2011, 04:16 AM   #5
Joshua Bennett

Profile:

Thanks for the input guys I really appreciate it.