CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 10-09-2008, 05:45 PM   #41
Ted Apollo

Profile:
Re: 20-day 'cindy' challenge (+1 rnd a day) Oct. 6th

day 4 - 'cindy' = 4 rounds

time = 3:22

good job on that time steven! i am just glad to get thru this one without hurting myself. no matter how much i warmed up my legs were like bricks.

what i was thinking about doing was a quarter murph tomorrow. 400m run, 5 rounds of 'cindy', & then another 400m run.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:43 PM   #42
Steven Bowser

Profile:

I hear you Ted,
My knees are sore as hell. We had a rough week and I even did some Snatches and Cleans today with a kid at the gym.
Cant believe we are up to 5 Rounds already.
Good Stuff.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:05 PM   #43
Scott Moore.

Profile:

After doing Erin today my wrists and hands were too shredded to even attempt to knock out any Cindy Sets. So now I've got 12 to do tommorrow to keep up. My plan is to knock out 2-3 cindy sets before tommorrow's WOD.
http://pantherfit.blogspot.com/And those who had seen it told how he who had been possessed with demons was healed -Luke 8:36
Old 10-10-2008, 03:55 PM   #44
Scott Moore.

Profile:

I'm out of the challenge, I did five sets today and my left elbow started hurting something fierce. The main point of the pain is my bicep. I think I just did to much and probably strained it. I'll fallen too far behind as it is and I don't want do any more damage that could ground me for even longers.

I'm going to still with my regular crossfit WODs for right now. Give me about a month or so and I'll start doing more challenges.

Sorry guys...
http://pantherfit.blogspot.com/And those who had seen it told how he who had been possessed with demons was healed -Luke 8:36
Old 10-10-2008, 04:39 PM   #45
Ted Apollo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Moore View Post
I'm out of the challenge, I did five sets today and my left elbow started hurting something fierce. The main point of the pain is my bicep. I think I just did to much and probably strained it. I'll fallen too far behind as it is and I don't want do any more damage that could ground me for even longers.

I'm going to still with my regular crossfit WODs for right now. Give me about a month or so and I'll start doing more challenges.

Sorry guys...

that's too bad. take care of yourself and get 100% healthy. join us in november for some kind of thruster challenge.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:44 PM   #46
Wes Palmer

Profile:

So we are doing our rounds as part of our warm up and then doing our WOD. Any thoughts on that?
Old 10-10-2008, 07:13 PM   #47
Ted Apollo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Palmer View Post
So we are doing our rounds as part of our warm up and then doing our WOD. Any thoughts on that?
i have done them before my wod, after my wod, and just by themselves. at this stage it seems like a good warm up, but in a week or so you might want to do a split routine.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:30 PM   #48
Ted Apollo

Profile:

day 5 - 'cindy' = 5 rounds

not for time

i decided not to worry about the clock and really take my time to focus on form. during last months burpup challenge i would change my approach daily and i think it was beneficial. one day i would move myself as fast as possible for time, the next i would focus on form, and the day after i would do it almost tabata style. i realized that the movements you choose is only a single component of the workout. factors such as tempo & form play just as significant role if not more then the movement.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:06 AM   #49
Steven Bowser

Profile:

Ted,
I am going to have to send you an airline ticket to make a guest appearance at our gym. At 5 rounds people are really starting to *****. Specially the older clients and beginners.
We have been doing some pretty tough WODs and I am pressing everyone to do the Cindy rounds as a warm up. A few tried doing it after and it hit the suck factor. At this point I have not made anyone do make up rounds if they missed because they have a hard time doing the WOD.
I been getting in my rounds everyday and I think I did 5 rounds for 3:30. But you are right timing the rounds is getting old at this point.
Boot Camp Group WOD Saturday.
See ya
Old 10-11-2008, 06:14 PM   #50
Wes Palmer

Profile:

I Think I may time day 20 only. Last time I did Cindy I got 19 rounds in 20 minutes, so I will be shooting for at least 20 rounds. Hopefully.