CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 09-20-2005, 12:38 PM   #1
Skip Chase

Profile:
I found CF 5 weeks ago. After spending about 2 hours studying the information on the web site, and a trip to CF North in Seattle, I was able to decide, "This is what I have been searching for."
I made the decision to invest the time and money to attend the CF certification.
I am grateful to Greg, Lauren and the CF staff for a great weekend. During the past several years I traveled to countless fitness seminars and certifications. By far, the CF certification was the best offered. No 'crap', no hype, no BS. Just facts, truth, knowledge, wisdom and experience.
I am accepting everything I learned, and I am anxious to teach it. Thank you CrossFit!!!!
Old 09-20-2005, 02:41 PM   #2
Jeremy Jones

Profile:
spread'n the 'love'.

Don't start people with bottom to bottom tabata squats. They'll end up crawling away from you as fast as possible.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:32 PM   #3
Laura Rucker

Profile:
I'm still too overwhelmed to know where to start....so I haven't posted.

Roger Harrell, Mike Burgener, John Hackleman. What an awesome set of experts Coach and Lauren draw to the table. I wish I could come up for more exposure to John H.

All the coaches: Eva, Nicole, Lani, Carrie, Brenden, Mike Street, Tony, Jason H., Robb, Kelly, all the Brand X coaches - Mikki, Jeff, Kim, Dan, Jason, Ricky, Sean, Connor, Blake, David, all the regulars from the forum - Jeremy, Mike Minium, Matt G., Lincoln, Josh, Grady, Eddie, Ahmik...I'll never think of all the names...Doug, Davie, Karl, Troy, Raj, Becca, Rose, Dan, Brian Mulvaney, and you, too Skip! etc.

Too much to put into words. Loved it. Loved it. Loved it.

Bottom to Bottom. Hated it.
Frelen: loved it (cuz I nailed it)
Group workout: Hated it (cuz I sucked!)
Oly Lifting: Loved it
FGB: Loved WATCHING it.

Athena and Fudgie: Loved 'em.
Coach and Lauren: Adore ya!
Old 09-21-2005, 09:37 AM   #4
Lincoln Brigham

Profile:
My legs are just now starting to come back to life... Adrienne's arms swelled up like balloons... Good people, good times. The sight of 40 people doing pullups was something else! I gotta post that video of my first muscle-up...
Old 09-21-2005, 11:19 AM   #5
Roger Harrell

Profile:
I came home hobbling a bit. I had floor Monday night which was pretty much a lost cause. Front handsprings hurt bad. Front tucks were ok, I wasn't about to throw anything big. Scissor work on pommels was painful simply because pressure on the quads during the swing.

High bar was ok, but I didn't do any dismounts :-).

Feeling pretty good now. Still a little bit of soreness in the legs.

The seminar was a great time. The enthusiasm was incredible.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:45 PM   #6
Dan MacDougald

Profile:
I'm glad I'm not the only one whose legs are still sore. I was thinking that only I deserved the title of "Unfit Loser"

Tue night I told the rugby club which I coach that we were only going to do one conditioning exercize and that it would only last 3 minutes. 6 tabata intervals. One said, "If we really want to get better, let's do the full 8." Others agreed. I smiled and said, "OK, you got it. The exercize is bottom to bottom Tabata squats."

Along about set 4 there were 27 guys bellowing, cursing, grunting, groaning, moaning. Everyone else in the area stopped to see WTF was going on. By set 6, there were statements like. "Coach, you are truly evil." "Coach, I hate you." Music to my ears.

They were worried when I went to the certification class that I would return with something truly painful. They were right.

Loved the seminar. Loved the people, staff and participants. CF women are especially amazing.

Glassman is the S&M man, because he mixes it with love and makes the hurt feel good:biggrin:
Old 09-22-2005, 07:53 AM   #7
Brian Mulvaney

Profile:
Lincoln: Lise says "thanks!" for the coaching help at the seminar. She is thrilled to be making progress with the o-lifts.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:11 AM   #8
Lincoln Brigham

Profile:
Hey, I owe all I know to Mike Burgener so kudos go out to him. Glad I could be of help.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:17 PM   #9
Jeremy Jones

Profile:
Yeah, I was glad people weren't saying "Oh. so YOU'RE that JEREMY guy!"

I was a bit overwelmed as well. Not to mention I was taking care of my Girlfriend a lot of the time. Her neck is doing better BTW (for everyone who knows what I am talking about). She is on the road to recovery.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to everyone.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:05 PM   #10
Tim Weaver

Profile:
So, what ARE bottom to bottom Tabatas? :-)