CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 01-15-2007, 05:44 AM   #1
Adrian Cradock

Profile:
Hi all
unfortunately back here with an injury. was doing full cleans at home on concrete v stupid i know and worse dont think i had adequately warmed up and was going deep. doing sets of 1-2 only did 2-3 sets just got greedy grand for few days then started getting pain in the knee both side and below all at different times feels like knee cap is out of place no clickin full mvmt pain is deep sore on light loaded squat feels cold sometimes
any advice appreciated
Adrian
Old 01-17-2007, 04:07 PM   #2
James Besenyei

Profile:
Adrian, having been through two knee surgeries myself I would suggest simply taking it easy for a day or so, and seeing how you feel. Pain on the inside of the knee could be indicative of a medial collateral ligament sprain, which calls for ice and a bit of rest. Pain below the knee could be patella tendinitis, and carries the same prescription--generally. I say this only as a guy who spent some time talking with an orthopedic surgeon and who researched his own knee problems (the surgery was to repair a torn meniscus), so the advice is an extreme generalization. Knee pain is hard to diagnose even when it is specific simply b/c of the complex network of ligaments. If the pain & soreness continues unabated I would suggest seeing a professional (PT, Ortho Doc). Hope this helps.

-Jim.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:37 AM   #3
Adrian Cradock

Profile:
Thanks James for the advice appreciated.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:34 PM   #4
Mathew F. Bunch

Profile:
Adrian,
I agree with James-rest your knees a few days. It could very well be that you are just experiencing soreness from working out on an unfamiliar surface. If the pain persists or limits your range of motion/performance, don't hesitate to see a doc.

My own experience with knee injuries is that you will generally know when there is something wrong (I have torn both ACL and meniscus, and it was apparent that something was quite wrong at the time).