CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 03-05-2008, 08:41 AM   #1
Mirza Besic

Profile:
Question about adding gymnastics hold to SS/Metcon

I'm currently wondering if its possible to combine a hold such as Planche or Front Lever to training OLY lifts / deadlift / squat and various scaled metcon workouts mainly utilizing rings.

I was thinking something along the lines of a 30 second hold added to the beggining of the workout. Followed by 1 power lift, 2 oly lifts and then a short metcon on rings. Split SS style, 3/week a/b/a week one and b/a/b week two with workout A being push intensive and workout B pull intensive.

Would something like this work?
Old 03-05-2008, 09:42 AM   #2
Roger Harrell

Profile:
Re: Question about adding gymnastics hold to SS/Metcon

Depends on the intensity of the hold. Are you talking a 30 second single hold, or 30 seconds of shorter holds? They certainly can be combined. I do it all the time. The holds are often a part of a combined larger set or plan though.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:07 PM   #3
Steven Low

Profile:

Yeah... like any routine you build you can just sub in isometrics for exercises...

Didn't we already go over this?
Old 03-05-2008, 07:22 PM   #4
Jake Oleander

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirza Besic View Post
I'm currently wondering if its possible to combine a hold such as Planche or Front Lever to training OLY lifts / deadlift / squat and various scaled metcon workouts mainly utilizing rings.

I was thinking something along the lines of a 30 second hold added to the beggining of the workout. Followed by 1 power lift, 2 oly lifts and then a short metcon on rings. Split SS style, 3/week a/b/a week one and b/a/b week two with workout A being push intensive and workout B pull intensive.

Would something like this work?
you seem to have a pretty good understanding of programming. my advice to you is to stop second guessing yourself and just workout. make adjustments to your routine as needed and dont get stuck doing the same thing for too long.