CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 11-04-2005, 08:36 PM   #11
David Besachio

Profile:
Allen any word? Tell us it's just a ruptured Baker's Cyst.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:55 AM   #12
Genevieve Gornicki

Profile:
Do you know what? For the longest time I had severe pain in my left leg when running and stuff and it turns out it was just bad arch support in my shoes! Don't rule that out either. its all connected, and if you have good equipment, it makes hurting yourself less likely
Old 11-07-2005, 05:20 AM   #13
Allen Yeh

Profile:
Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the replies. I saw the nurse practitioner on Friday and her thoughts were that it was simply a slight tear and that it had filled with fluid so she put me on Aleve 2 pills 2 times a day and told me to call if it comes back and she will set me up for an MRI otherwise.

Since friday I've had no problems with the leg so it lasted from Tuesday morning until Thursday evening. (of course it goes away the night before the appointment).

Thanks again for all the replies, did the WOD from today and I guess we'll see how it feels tomorrow heh
Old 11-07-2005, 05:58 AM   #14
Christian Lemburg

Profile:
Good to hear that, Allen!

I am glad to hear I was just paranoid.

As for the tear - you know what will be coming now - you should massage that after it has healed (no deep massage in the first days after acute injury!) ... and here are the requested links ... ("We need links to the gastroc, biceps femoris, popliteus and plantaris muscles") - you know what, the Pain Navigator has them all ...

- http://altmed.iatp.org.ua/pain/maps/..._knee_pain.htm
- http://altmed.iatp.org.ua/pain/maps/...r_leg_pain.htm
Old 01-14-2008, 06:49 PM   #15
Don King

Profile:
Re: Weird pains in my right leg for no reason?

Allen,

This thread is pretty old but I wanted to find out if you ever suffered from this pain again. I recently started feeling the same sharp pain behind my knee(lateral) and need to figure out how to treat it. It looks to be a strain of the Biceps femoris.(w/f safe)

Thanks,
Don
Old 01-16-2008, 10:04 AM   #16
Allen Yeh

Profile:

Don,

My apologies for not responding to your post/PM, didn't see it until right now.

I haven't suffered the same pain again, I have had some discomfort in my right knee as I was doing the Oly workouts over at Catalyst Athletics but at the time I was lifting in flats and haven't had the same problems when I switched to Oly shoes (elevated heel).

Hope that's useful.

Allen
Old 01-16-2008, 10:41 AM   #17
Steven Low

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don King View Post
Allen,

This thread is pretty old but I wanted to find out if you ever suffered from this pain again. I recently started feeling the same sharp pain behind my knee(lateral) and need to figure out how to treat it. It looks to be a strain of the Biceps femoris.(w/f safe)

Thanks,
Don
What were you doing that injured it?
Old 01-16-2008, 09:13 PM   #18
Don King

Profile:

The first time I felt the pain behind my left knee was after a workout as I was getting out of a chair - not during the workout. It was a very sharp pain but at the time I didn't think much of it, I just thought I put my weight on it wrong. Then around the middle of December I did some heavy squats one night. I don't remember my knee hurting while I was working out that time either but the next day whenever I put weight on it I would get that sharp pain. So much so that it would almost drop me to the ground. Now I have the pain whenever I do anything requiring going down into a squat position, even body weight exercises. Although I don't feel the pain walking or running, I do get a twinge when I put weight on it getting off the couch or out of a chair.

I've made the mistake of working through injuries in the past, but I'm being VERY cautious with this one. I'm beginning to wonder if this board shouldn't be renamed Don's Injuries Chronic & Acute. Getting old sucks.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:32 AM   #19
Allen Yeh

Profile:

Have you been to see anyone about it? What else are you trying to do for it other than avoiding squats? Anything to limit inflammation?